Chapter 5: The Dress

"Father?" Alastor took a tentative step towards his father. It was still pretty early, so there weren't many people in the lobby, but Alastor and Furfur had been early risers since they were alive. Furfur turned to his son in mild surprise.

"Alastor? You're actually speaking to me?" This got Alastor to chuckle and Furfur to grin.

"Yes. May I speak with you in private? Perhaps in the kitchen?" Furfur merely nodded and followed his son into the hotel kitchen, where Alastor had his shadows cooking up breakfast for the tenants, so they were pretty much alone.

"What is it you wanted to talk with me about?" The older demon tried his best to remain composed, but the amount of excitement and joy he felt were indescribable.

"I had a recent discussion that I found enlightening." Alastor's grip on his cane tightened. He was hungover and nervous, which was a bad mix.

"You mean with the spider, Angel Dust?" Furfur had his hands folded behind him, so Alastor couldn't see how sweaty they were.

"Yes. We talked and he made me realize something. You may not have been a good father in life," Furfur's eyes gazed at the floor in shame, thinking the conversation wasn't going in a good direction, "but what matters is that you're trying to make up for it now." This got Furfur to look up in shock.

"Father, I forgive you're mistakes, and I hope you can forgive me for mine." Alastor watched as his father's eyes became wet with tears.

"Son, of course I forgive you." That's when Furfur did something that he had never done for Alastor, not even in life when his name was Edward. Furfur hugged his son, "You're mother would be proud of you, I know I am. I should have told you when you were a child, I've always been proud of you."

Alastor couldn't speak, he was glad they were alone because he actually felt like his emotions would make him cry. Slowly, afraid that if he moved to fast the hug would be gone, Alastor returned his father's embrace. After the two had broken apart and composed themselves, they walked out of the kitchen, Furfur's arm around his son.

As they walked out, they discussed things they had done on their life and afterlife. They talked for what felt like hours before Alastor saw something that made him clutch his chest and loose his breath. It also made a fuzzy warmness envelope his cheeks. Angel Dust was walking down the stairs with a slow grace, wearing a dress that Alastor thought was the most beautiful he'd ever seen.

The dress was ultra pink with black trim that went down to right above the spiders knees. The collar of the dress black like the trim and formed an upside down heart that went low enough to reveal just the top of Angel's bust, the end of the heart slipped over Angel's head and around the back of his neck, holding the dress up. There were sleeves that white with ultra pink trim that connected to the dress where the heart started to round out, and the dresses back showed all of Angel's upper back, but not his lower. The entire dress was made out of some sort of shimmering fabric that fit to the spiders build perfectly, like it had been tailored, and had one white and one black heel that went to Angel's mid shin, giving the dress the perfect finishing touch. There was also Angel Dust's hair. The kinky spider had curled his hair so that the front part was that it looked like curled bags that stop right above his darker eye and swept off to the side a bit. All in all, Angel looked good enough to make any demon faint.

"Alastor?" Furfur sounded concerned as he looked upon his son who seemed to be having a heart attack. He followed Alastor's haze to see him looking at the spider who was now shooting a flirty wink to a random demon in the lobby. This got Furfur to grin.

"Hey, Al!" The pornstar called out in delight as he sauntered up to where Alastor and his father were, "I'm goin' dancin', wanna come?"

"What?" Alastor blinked twice, not noticing Angel had been standing in front of him until the spider spoke. This made Furfur chuckle and Ang sigh.