Chapter 18: An Angel's Fall

|your pov|

I was practicing fighting with Michael since another extermination was coming up soon. I didn't know what you do in exterminations but I'm nervous. The other angels wouldn't let me see and watch Al for some reason. I was losing my memory of him. Decades later I had no memory of his name. Only what he looked like and what happened as well as other people's names. It was all fuzzy but I remembered some.
I flew down to help other newly angels as some arrived. I showed them their homes and gave them clothes. I went to tell Joshua hi as he was sitting in the Garden of Eden. He told me hello as I sat in the garden with him. I took a nice deep breathe as Joshua smiled.

"You have become strong."

I thanked Joshua as he said I'm one of the strongest angels in Heaven besides the archangels.I smiled as I worked hard to become stronger.
I flew up to the Ancient library as I read. The history down on Earth has changed. I frowned as nature down on Earth was in danger. I wished I could help but I wasn't allowed to leave. I learned about Lucifer and his wife along with their child Charlie. From what the other angels have been gossiping, she is the exact opposite of how you would imagine the Antichrist would act. I wonder how Lucifer feels about her. He probably thinks she is a disappointment.
More decades came by as I was allowed on Earth. I wasn't allowed to interact with the humans but I was suppose to influence them to make good decisions. I was helping someone as I heard a high ringing. 'The angelic radio.' We use the angel radio to communicate from distances to each other. I was needed in Heaven immediately as I spread my white feathery wings.
I reached the gates as Uriel opened them for me. He told me where to go as I walked into a giant building. I sat down in a chair as there were hundreds of other angels there. I apparently was chosen for the next extermination in Hell.
I knew it was because of what Joshua said. I was informed by Michael of my duties and rules for the extermination.

"Kill every demon in sight. Do not go inside any buildings for it's a risk of death. Make sure you don't lose your spear or else a demon could grab hold of it and kill you and much more of our brothers and sisters. You are required to wear your armor and lead masks at all times so the demons don't know your identity."

     After Michael was done explaining everything, he asked if anyone had any questions. A few angels raised their hands as Michael gladly answered them.
We all stood in a line as we waited for a fitting in armor. I waited as I was stuck in my thoughts. 'I didn't expect this...' I didn't want to kill anyone or anything much less demons in Hell. They trained me and I became stronger sure, but I thought it was for our safety and because we were warriors of Heaven.
In Heaven, you are stronger if you have done more good deeds than others. You couldn't get rid of your magic so your magic stayed with you always. My magic became incredible stronger as did my physical strength. Michael taught all of us how to use angelic weapons. He told us to learn and educate ourselves about the "Overlords." As Michael reminded us all, we have to slay every demon in sight no matter what unless it's an Overlord or Lucifer. They are apparently 13 Overlords, including Lucifer and Lilith. I was suppose to gather the information of who the Overlords were myself, but I didn't.
     When I was suppose to go down to Hell as an exterminator, I hid in Heaven and refused. I heard the screams and cries of the demons fill the angel radio as I clutched by head. 'Why did we have to do these every year?...'
After the extermination, I was found. I thought they were going to throw me into Heaven's prisons for a few centuries. I didn't want to stay there like Gadreel had to since he failed to protect the Garden of Eden. I fought with some angels and won until the other archangels showed up.Uriel apologized as did Michael as they dragged me past the gates. I apparently disobeyed God's orders and was banished. Michael broke my wings as Uriel chanted
that I was herby banished from Heaven. Michael then apologized as he threw me out of the gates of Heaven. My wings started to burn as they slowly started to catch on fire. I cried as I fell. I hit the ground crashing into the street.