Chapter 11: Mardi Gras

|your pov|

I was getting dressed in my costume for the parade. My friend and I usually attend the giant parade in Mardi Gras every year. I'm still shocked it's 1928. I was excited on what this year would bring me and Al. Al said he wasn't really one for being in crowded places however, he said he would come to the parade for me.
      I slipped on my jazz heels since (F/N)'s parents always paid for a float for us and a few more dancers. I brought my tap shoes along since I wanted to tap also. (F/N) helped me set up some space for wood that I could tap on. Once we were finished we spray painted the wood black to not look as noticeable on the float.
Our float was going to have multiple people dressed in costumes so I put on a voodoo costume. I put on the hat that had fake bones around it as well as a necklace.

<pictures at the top is mostly what your costume looks like but like a mix between the two>

      I put on a long curly wig that went down all the way to my butt as I put on makeup. I put on some dark eyeshadow, black eyeliner, and some black lipstick. I grabbed my cane prop as it had a small fake skull on the top. My friend dressed like a jester as she had green and purple suit on. Her hat had bells at the ends as did her shoes. She gasped and clapped her hands as she saw me.

"You are going to take the show away (Y/N)," (F/N) said as she looked down at me.

      I chuckled as I said we would take the show away together. I gave her a right hug as we walked out to (F/N)'s car. She was bringing along her boyfriend as I sat in the back. We drove to where the parade would take place. Traffic wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. There were roads and streets cut off for the festivities. Al said he was going to meet me at the end of the parade since he had work.
      The sun started to set as people started to crowd slowly into the streets. As the sun descended, night emerged and the stars filled the sky. People were bustling about the streets with masks and costumes on. Some cheering while others watching with awe.
      I started to jazz dance as I smiled and waved at people. While some threw flowers at me, others cheered for me with glee. The people on our float threw out beads to the cheering crowd as some had their hands up, ready to catch some.
      Jazz music played in the background along with the beat of the drums. I started dancing some more after taking a short break. I put on my taps as I started tapping away on the wood. (F/N) smiled as she clapped and cheered me on. She helped throw beads out to people as I danced.
      Sounds like beads, music, dancing, and cheering flowed in the air. It seemed like a cheerful dream as the night went on. Even though, most people do become drunk on this night. I always ignored the smell of booze in the streets.
      The parade was almost done as I started flapping. I become more excited because I remembered I get to see Al. I finished my final dance as people cheered and threw flowers at me one last time. I did a curtsy as I blew out kissed and waved to everyone in the crowd. I spotted Al as my smile grew. I waved at him as he bowed.
       I got off the float as I rushed to Al. He picked me up and swung me around as we both giggled. I gave me a quick peck on the lips as he held flowers. I looked at the flowers and him in awe as I gladly accepted them.

"You were absolutely beautiful tonight darling~"

I stepped back and curtsied as Al chuckled and bowed as I looked my arm with his. (F/N) waved me bye as her and her boyfriend were being touchy with one another. I smiled and rolled my eyes as Al led me to the bar. We greeted Husk as Husk just waved at us without looking up.
      The music filled the bar as some laughed while others chatted. Mimzy was up on stage dancing as I waved at her. She spotted me and smiled warmly as she waved back. Al and I sat down after we ordered our drinks. Al got whiskey by itself as usual as I just decided to get some wine.

"So what did you work on at the studio?"

"Well, my boss wanted to discuss about my work hours along with some reports I'm suppose to go over when I get back from my day off."

"Why did he want to talk about your hours?"

"Most likely because one of our other radio host had quit and he wanted to get someone else to cover her spot immediately."

      I nodded my head as I then got up to get our drinks. I placed Al's drink down as I took a sip of my wine. Al snaked a hand on my waist as he pulled me next to him. I chuckled as I looked down at him. He smiled up at me as I leaned down and gave him a kiss.