Chapter 7: Comfort

Alastor's pov-

I kneeled down in front of you as I grabbed a handkerchief from my pocket. I gently wiped your tears away as you sniffled. I folded the handkerchief and held it to your nose as you blew your nose. I helped you up as you looked down.

"....thank you," you said in a whisper so quietly, I wasn't sure I even heard you.

I placed my handkerchief back in my pocket once I folded it again. I quickly embraced you. You leaned your head against my chest as I had one arm wrapped around you. My other hand was placed on top of your head. You wrapped your arms around me tightly as I rested my head on top of yours. A tear escaped my eye. I was so scared I was going to lose you. I didn't think I would ever care so much about someone to cry over them let alone shed a tear for them. I quickly wiped it away as I picked you up. I brought you over to my car as I placed you down in the seat.
    I grabbed your extra clothes from your dressing room as I drove back to my house. You went and took a shower as I got out of my wet clothes. I was buttoning up my night shirt as I heard a thud. It came from my bathroom as I rushed in there. You were sitting down at the bottom of the tub with your knees pulled up to your chest. You were crying again.
      It broke my heart seeing you like this. I gently kissed you on top of your head as I grabbed a towel. I turned off the faucet as I helped you up. Of course I didn't look at you as you stood up. I wrapped the towel around you as I used another towel to dry your hair. Your eyes looked dull and sad. I basically had to help you get dressed as you seemed out of your thoughts. I didn't blame you. You just got sexually assaulted and almost had your purity stolen from you. I wasn't comfortable with having to help you change but I was willing to since I cared about you. I turned my head to the side as I helped you.
      I made sure my front door was locked as I was downstairs. I made you a cup of tea since I knew you liked tea. Once the tea was ready, I went upstairs and handed you the cup. You looked up at me and smiled a little upon noticing the aroma. You gladly took a sip as you looked down at your hands. I couldn't help myself but to hug you again. You set your cup down as you wrapped your arms around me. You nuzzled your head in the crook of my neck as we stayed like that for a bit.

"(Y/N)...."

"Hm?"

"I'm sorry that happened..."

You looked down and started shaking. I held your hand in mine up to my heart as you squeezed my hand tightly. You sat up and moved. You ended up leaning your hand against my chest as you sat sideways on my lap.

"I'm so sorry I didn't reach you in time before he assaulted you." I held onto you tightly while having my chin on top of your head.

"Al, you did reach me in time. Even if he did...touch me, I'm glad you helped me before he could have shoved himself inside me. Because of you Al, my virginity wasn't taken from me tonight...that's more help from you that I could ever ask for."

You placed your hand on the side of my cheek as you wiped a tear off of my face. I leaned into your touch. You kissed me on my cheek as you whispered thank you to me again. I blushed as I said I would do anything for you.
      I turned off my light as you cuddled next to me. I know sleeping in the same bed with a woman I wasn't married to was wrong. Cuddling was worse in the same bed with an unmarried woman. However, I didn't care. You were my closest friend. I cared too deeply for you to have anyone say anything against you. I pulled you close to me as we fell asleep in each other's arms.