Chapter 13: Surprise!

Iris' POV

"Over here! Over here!" I say, helping Mr. Levi and Eren with the breakfast for Mommy. We had wrapped a few presents for Mommy- and she was still asleep! I had been helping them with the orange juice- but no coffee because Mr. Levi says she can't have coffee. "Orange juice is done!"

Eren giggled, smiling brightly. "Pancakes are done!"

"Before you drop the pancakes," Mr. Levi says, picking up the plate, "I'll take it. You can help carry her presents to the room. Earlier, you nearly scared me with dropping the whole bowl of batter- even when I told you to not take it."

Eren began to hang his head in a bit of shame, taking the three presents for Mommy. "O-Okay then..."

Mr. Levi chuckled softly, kissing Eren on the forehead. "I got it. Don't worry, Miss Hanji would know that you were the one helping flip the pancakes. She would also know that Iris helped mixing the batter together."

We walked over to their room with the food, prying the door open. Mommy was laying in bed, still asleep. I walked over to her, putting her orange juice to the side and smiling softly. I began to poke her awake, hearing her make some weird noise. "Mommy, Mommy, wake up."

She slightly opened her eyes, sighing heavily. "Iris... what's wrong?"

"Happy birthday, Mommy."

"Birth... day?" Her eyes opened back up as she sat up in the bed. She struggled to see just because she had no glasses. "Oh... I remember. Come on, get up here." She pats the bed next to her, not seeing Mr. Levi in front of her. "Come on up, Iris."

Mr. Levi scoffed a bit, shaking his head. "Are you really that blind, four-eyes?"

Mommy jumped a bit, but she chuckled softly, putting her glasses on now. "I am legally blind, Levi. What's this?"

"Pancakes!" Eren says, jumping onto the bed with the presents. "Happy birthday, Miss Hanji!"

Mommy chuckled softly, hugging Eren tightly. "Aww... you guys did this for me...? Guys, you shouldn't have. I don't deserve such adorableness from you two." She looked up to Mr. Levi, smiling softly. "Did they plan this or did you plan this?"

"They planned for this part." Mr. Levi smiles softly, kissing Mommy on the lips. I looked to Eren, seeing him giving this disgusted look. "Anyways, happy birthday, Hanji."

Mommy's cheeks grew a bit red when she looked down at us. "Thank you, Iris, Eren. Which ones did you guys help with?" Mommy pulled me in for a hug, as well as Eren. She was a true mommy. "Because I want to ensure that you both get recognition- you guys did a fantastic job."

Eren giggled, pointing to the pancakes. "I-I helped flip the pancakes! Even though... I-I made a... a big mess flipping them. But! I-I learned between what makes a pancake and what makes a waffle!"

Mommy turned to me, looking and smiling softly. "I-I help mix the batter together... we tried to make a blueberry pancake for you... please try it, Mommy."

She held us tightly, chuckling softly. "Oh, I'll try it and enjoy it. You guys did an amazing job... I'm proud of both of you... you guys are really, sweet kids..."

Mr. Levi chuckles softly, patting my head and kissing my forehead. "Yeah... they are sweet kids." My cheeks grew a bit warm when Mr. Levi began to treat me like he treats Eren. Almost like... he was my real daddy... I... I wanted him to be my real daddy... why can't he be my real daddy...?