Chap. 3: Can Do

(GIF of Chris Eaton below)

*Third person POV*

             "I am such a f***ing idiot!" Chris exclaims, "I feel like a predator! And I JUST LAUGHED! God, I've never felt like this piece of sh*t before in my life."
             Chris is hungover from the night before. He had tried to take advantage of his date and laughed when she began to get uncomfortable. HE did that.
            Andrew shrugs. "You really are a piece of sh*t, Bro."
          Chris paves the floor. "God, she must have been horrified! She was really nice too. And different, you know?"
           "And 14 years younger." Chris's uncle Joe says annoyed, drinking his coffee. "I say you forget all about it and move on."
            Chris shakes his head. "I should call her and apologize. I just feel so awful!"
             "Mom would want you to." Andrew flips through the channels on the tv. "If you like this girl that much."
"Let's just hope your Daddy doesn't find out." Joe says annoyed, "God knows he will bust a gut."
         Chris dials Katie's number, hoping she'd answer him back. He has NEVER treated a woman so disrespectfully in his life. NEVER. He'd be lucky if she didn't let it go to voicemail.
           "Hello?" The other line says, the soft voice sad.
           "Hey, is this Katie Morgan?" There's a long pause on the other end.
"Christopher Eaton?" The other line says.
"Yeah, it's me." He says dryly, "Hey, listen, I just wanted to call and apologize for the way I reacted the other night. I was drunk and I was thinking with my dick."
Katie doesn't really say much. "Mmmmhhhmmm?"
"Well, I was wondering, you don't have to, but maybe you could give me another chance. I promise to be a gentleman this time." He says assuringly.
Joe scoffs. "Just ease it in this time, right?"
Chris throws a pillow at his uncle, stepping out to the backyard.
"I don't know." Katie says nervously, "I'd have to look at my schedule."
Chris nods. "How about tomorrow at noon? We can go get lunch if you'd like."
Katie is quiet for a long time. "Sure, tomorrow at noon is fine. But I can't stay for more than an hour. I have work."
Chris nods. "Alright, can do."