Chapter 1 : Chicago hothead

... Vote, comment and tell a friend 💋 enjoy

Tia Aaliyah Johnson

I looked out the truck window as we passed the Chicago skyline. This was probably gonna be my last time seeing it for a long time. I just can't get over the fact that my mother really decided to move to Louisiana after she has been talking about it for the last 5 years. I never thought i'll see the day.

I got too many memories in this city for me to just leave... for good. It really wasn't processing right in my head.

18, that's how old I am... Most people refer me to the term hothead because on the blocks of Chicago bitches knew I was the WRONG one to mess with, forreal. I had to earn my respect on both the westside and southside of Chicago and now it was all gone.

I didn't gangbang but my cousin capo did, who is now dead. People knew me as cap lil cousin . We were so close, and the day I found out he died, it's like I fell apart. People hated him so much, they wanted him dead and it really hurt me to say that but it's the truth.

Basically my whole family lived in Louisiana though, that's why my mother really wants to move so bad. I just wish my grandma was alive cause shit would be a lot different, I wouldn't even be moving if she was still here.

April Sanders, My grandmother died just a few months back. She had a condition called dementia, which caused her to live 4 years after being diagnosed. She was diagnosed very early at the age of 60, It started to get really worse 2 years ago though. She started forgetting simple stuff like me being her grandchild, she once thought I was her sister Barbra, who died 10 years ago.

I knew it was almost her time to go and my family knew too, Me and my sister tamia were the last people she had talked to before she died in her sleep. Her last words were " I love yall two" .
Tamia 💋

Tamia Johnson, my only sister, she's 16 years old and she really didn't like talking much, she was the blunt one and I was the shy one

Tamia Johnson, my only sister, she's 16 years old and she really didn't like talking much, she was the blunt one and I was the shy one. She also is Very very book smart . She skipped 7th grade so that means this would be her last year of high school. My mom said she gets her intelligence from our father, who we only see 2 times a year when we visit arcadia louisiana in August and December,He was cool. Him and my mom split when they had my sister and he just moved to louisiana but they're still married, unfortunately.

-

Even though our family lived in Arcadia Louisiana, my mom didn't like living close to family. We had a house built from the ground in baton rouge. I haven't seen it yet but I have on pictures, it was okay I guess.

We were on our last pit stop, and we were already in baton. It looked totally different than Chicago.

" where the side walks at?" Tamia joked, I giggled trying to look around for the side walks but there weren't any.

We were at a gas station, it looked bad around here, not worse than Chicago though so I shouldn't be complaining.

We were both in front of a gas station while our mom put air in the tires when we seen a light skinned boy about 5'8 walk up towards the gas station. He caught both our attention because he dressed like he was from Chicago. His pants were below his waist (sagging). He had on a all white T that read NBA on the front of it in big bold letters and a pair of jordans with a thot boy hair cut but it was kinda shorter.

He looked us up and down before walking into the store. " The fuck he looking at?" I asked arching my top lip, and rolling my eyes.

" let me get back in the car before I go off" tamia ranted before walking off to the car, I followed behind.

Once mom got back in the car we drove off. " how far are we?" I bluntly asked, my momma hated when I asked that.

" it's just down the road" my momma said pointing down the road ahead. I sighed in relief, I was ready to get out of this car.

We drove pass a group of boys on the porch, from the looks of it they looked like they were shooting dice. My momma shook her head as she seen the boys. The boys stopped everything they were doing to look at my mom's truck as it slowed down.

" were here" she smiled driving into the driveway. I looked around at the nice grass and the other nice houses despite the group of boys next door to us, it was fine.

 I looked around at the nice grass and the other nice houses despite the group of boys next door to us, it was fine

" yall like it?" my momma asked getting out of the car, we both nodded in agreement. 

majority of our stuff were already inside because we hired movers, all we had in the car was clothes and other little stuff, and snacks.

After we were done getting the bags we unpacked, I picked the 2nd biggest room which was upstairs. " TIA!" my mom called from her room down the hall.

" yea?" I called back, I heard nothing...

" yeah ma?" I called again.. still no reply, I sighed stopping what I was doing to go see what she wanted. She always does that, calling me and then don't say shit when I answer back. 

Typical

" yea?" I answered while entering her room. " take my keys and get my charger out the car" she replied, I took the keys out of her hands making my way downstairs.

I left out the door walking to the car parked in the driveway. " Ay lit bit?" a voice called out from the house next door.

I shook my head, while popping the truck open to begin looking for the charger my mom asked for.

" she ion want yo ass boa" another voice replied, they talked so different. It was so country, but all my family talked like that except for us because we were from Chicago.

Alotta people say we have accents but I don't hear it .

" boa I was jus playin wit ha" the same voice from last time spoke.

I ended up finding the charger then closing the truck when I saw a boy running super fast in the middle of the road. I was sure that it was the same boy from the gas station earlier.

I stopped and looked but instantly turned around when he looked back at me.

He mugged me before I turned around which was rude. I just walked back in the house without saying anything.

Who the fuck they think they is?

-

Delete or keep?