Chapter 10

Greg and Maya landed back in New York going to the hospital. Maya lying in bed when the nurse came back in with some news.

"So Maya. You seem to be pregnant"

Greg was drinking some Red Bull when he spit it out of his mouth.

"She what? " he said shocked

"Pregnant. You didn't know? "

"Hell no," Maya said getting scared.

"Look it's okay. It happens all the time. Do you have a Doctor? "

"No I don't have an Obgyn if that's what you asking," Maya said getting smart.

"Baby chill," Greg said

"Gre,g how can I? She saying I'm pregnant" Maya said putting her head in her hands.

"Can you give us a minute? " Greg asked the nurse.

She walks out leaving them two alone. Greg gets up going over to the bed seeing Maya cry.

"Look at me," He said

Maya looks up at him. He grabs her face willing her tears.

"We married now baby. So this shit happens. Now if you ain't ready for this it's other options"

Maya got herself together.

"No, I want the baby. It was just too soon. Guess god had other plans. "

"You know I got you right? "

"I know"

The nurse walks back in for resources on Doctors.

"I'm sorry for bringing the bad news. How long has y'all been married? " The nurse said seeing Maya's big ass ring.

"Only for a day now," Maya said beginning to cry again.

Greg looks confused.

"Oh don't worry she okay. Sometimes being pregnant you cry out of the blue for no reason" The nurse said laughing

"And that's normal" Greg looks up at the nurse.

"Normal"

"Hope your ass don't just be crying out the blue the whole pregnancy," Greg said smiling.

Maya starts laughing.

"Shut up"

"So you are healthy we couldn't find anything wrong. It could be from morning sickness. I'll send you home with some Zofran"

Greg was already on it.

"Can Zofran can cause problems for the baby? " he asked

"It can cause some. Problems if you take so many"

"No, we're good on that"

"Okay, so when you ready. Here's your discharge papers and leave anytime" Nurse said walking out.

Maya and Greg left the hospital and got in the car.

"Have you talked to Monica? "

"Yeah. And I have my people looking into it as well. "

"Okay I'm going to call her later"

"Nah. You gone stay out the way for sure"

"Why? "

"You're pregnant"

"Okay but that's still my mother"

"And now you are about to become one. So I'll handle what I can. Like I said you not going around that shit. Gone stress you out and I'm not going for that"

"Greg"

"I said No"

They pulled up at the condo got out and went up the elevator. Greg got out his kept opening the door to see Linda there already putting something together for Maya's sickness.

"Hey Linda"

Linda walks over with some tea giving it to Maya.

"So I heard. And congratulations. I'm going be here all day to look after you"

"Awww. You don't have to"

Linda whispers in Maya's ear.

"I need the money," Linda said laughing.

Maya spits her drink out a little laughing.

"What's funny? " Greg said

"Oh nothing baby," Maya said looking back at Linda.

"Alright now don't tell me y'all gone start keeping secrets from me," Greg said walking to the back

They laughed together. Maya came and sat down.

"You have any kids? "

"Just a daughter she's in college now"

"Wow. What does she do? "

"She a stepper. But her she going to become a nurse"

"I wanted to be a nurse too. But I couldn't deal with it for long. So how was it being pregnant with her? "

"I was always sick with her. Every morning, noon, and night. It got exhausting after a while. But it's like you get used to it. Tried to give me meds for it. Nothing worked"

"Well I hope I don't go through that"

"I'm gone hope with you. Cause it ain't pretty" Linda said laughing.

Greg comes back in the kitchen seeing them talk about pregnancy.

"I got go in the office baby. I'll be back tonight" Greg said kissing her and leaving out.

Maya and Linda were done talking. Maya got up and ran the nth water. Linda comes in turning it off.

"Linda, what's that for?"

"You're pregnant. So taking a bath is a big no-no"

"For real?"

"Yes ma'am. Shower" Linda said turning the shower on and leaving out the room.