60

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

all day, niola's nerves have been through the roof. she can't stop worrying about their plan to trick her dad. for some reason, she feels like it won't work. not only because lucas's friends might refuse to help. but also none of them have met his friends before.

"are you ready to go?" her dad asks. his hair is combed and he's wearing a casual outfit — a big shirt and old khaki shorts.

"yeah," niola says knowing she's been ready for the past few hours because she hasn't been able to stop thinking about it.

"good," he dad says happily. "i can't wait to meet your new friends."

it's endearing to see her father like this. he's not done any drugs today because he wants to make a good first impression. he's only had a few shots of alcohol, leaving him a little buzzed.

niola feels guilty, knowing his efforts will be in vain since she's lying to him. but she also doesn't give a shit because of what he's done to her.

the car ride was awkwardly silent aside from an occasional question from her dad where he's trying to learn more about her — but niola knows he only cares because he's sober. after today, he'll be right back to the asshole he usually is.

with every sharp turn, niola's hand gripped her seat. it wasn't purposeful. it's like her reflexes can't forget the other night when he swerved around the road just for a beer can.

"we're here," he announces while pulling the car into a parking space.

niola unbuckles her seatbelt and opens her door. her father does the same, following behind her as they walk onto the beach.

niola texted matt when she was on the way, letting him know that he should start preparing to act like he doesn't exist.

"niola!" she looks up and sees a group of four people, calling her over to their area.

a towel was laid out in the sand, shoes and backpacks holding the corners down as for it now to blow away with the salty breeze.

niola walks up to them, her dad trailing behind her.

there were two girls that she's never seen before. they had the same blonde hair and the same big brown eyes. she knows that they will be posing as "ella" and "maddison".

standing behind the girls were two boys — both of which she recognized. lucas gave her a small smile and a wink, wordlessly letting her know that they've got it covered.

and so did zade.

"it's so nice to meet you, mr silvers!" one of the blonde girls said, holding her hand out for him to shake. "i'm ella."

"i'm maddison." the other girl said. "we're twins."

niola wasn't sure if they were lying about the twin thing or not, but it was very believable. them being related would also explain their similar appearance and behavior.

niola's dad gave them each a hand shake and introduced himself to them kindly. it was scary how well he could play the role of a concerned, loving father.

"and i'm lucas," lucas said, "luke for short."

niola keeps looking around, trying to figure out where the fuck the triplets are hiding. but no matter where she look, there's no good hiding spot — no bushes or rocks.

"i'm jamie," zade introduces himself. he steps forward and wraps his arm around niola. "i'm her boyfriend."

everyone's eyes widen. the blonde girls look at each other, wondering if this was part of the plan. luke glares at zade. but zade just smiles.

"well, you moved on fast." niola's dad tells her. "it's only been a few days since you broke up with that mark boy."

"matt." she corrects.

"whatever." he scoffs. "but i'm glad jamie can introduce himself without knocking me out."

niola's jaw tightens, wanting to defend matt but knowing she can't. not only that, but she also wants to make zade get off of her. but she can't do that either, without seeming suspicious. also, she knows that zade won't hesitate to snitch on her, telling her dad everything.

"anyway, it was nice to meet you guys." niola's dad says after a few more minutes of awkward small talk. he bids his farewells, then he turns on his heel and walks back to the parking lot.

as soon as her dad is out of sight, niola shoved zade off of her. he stumbled backward a few steps, laughing at how angry she is. lucas also seems pissed. he joins niola and pushes zade, making him fall into the sand. "that wasn't part of the fucking plan."

even while on the ground, everyone glaring down at him, zade still laughs.

out of nowhere, someone comes up behind niola and grabs her by the waist. she whips around, about to punch the person in the face. but then she realizes that it's matt.

"woah!" matt says, jokingly putting his hands up in defense. "why are you so on edge?"

she glances over at zade and matt's suddenly just as pissed off as everyone else. just at the sight of him, matt pulls niola closer.

chris, nick, camille, and some other random girl appear from behind matt.

they apparently weren't hiding. they left the beach and went to some random surf shop. nick and camille bought some shirts with a little logo on the chest that reads 'ron jon'.

"how'd it go?" nick asks happily. but his mood dampens as soon as he sees matt protectively holding niola to his side, lucas glaring down at someone, and zade sitting in the sand while laughing. "oh."

"i told you guys it wouldn't be a good idea to trust that asshole." chris says. camille asks chris to rip a tag off of her shirt because she can't break the plastic piece. chris pulls it off easily and shoves the trash into her pocket.

"well i thought he would behave." lucas says with a scoff.

"i'm not a child." zade groans while standing up and brushing sand off his swim trunks. "i can behave just fine."

"doesn't fucking seem like it." niola says.

"can we just enjoy our time at the beach without you guys bitching about everything?" zade asks.

"don't be a perv and we'd have nothing to bitch about." camille tells him.

"whatever."

..
a/n : there's some new charactersssss 🥱🥱
..