07

ALL I DO{ irl }

ALL I DO
{ irl }

the bell just rang, announcing that school has ended. the hallways are swarmed with people, all of them rushing out of the building to get home as soon as possible. niola on the other hand is taking her sweet time as she makes her way to the front doors. she's not exactly looking forward to going home and having to put her full attention into taking care of rayne.

"hey!" she hears matt call from behind her. she turns around and spots him squeezing between the crowd of people, waving his hands at her. "silvers!" multiple people glance his way, glaring at him as she shoves past them to get to niola. she stands in the middle of the hall, crossing her arms over her chest and watching as matt comes over to her.

he finally reaches her, putting a hand on her shoulder and hunching over. he pants heavily, trying to catch his breath from running over here and pushing his way through everyone. niola simply watches him with an amused look on her face. "what do you want, matthew?" she asks once he's caught his breath.

"do you need a ride back to your house?" matt asks, standing up straight but keeping his hand on her shoulder.

niola's eyes widen. why would he ask something like that? driving her home would be such a burden to him – seeing as he and his brothers live in the opposite direction as her. she raises a brow at him before asking, "why? what are you going to get out of doing this?"

"i can't just be nice?" he asks, removing his hand from her shoulder and shoving his hands in the pockets of his cargo pants.

"no." niola responds simply.

"well, if you must know, i want to make sure you make it home safely." matt explains with a sigh. "i'm offering to drive you because i know that you normally take a bus home. and considering how tired you are, i just don't want you to miss your stop because you'd fallen asleep."

niola stands there for a moment, considering his offer. it's out of character for him to be so nice, but she knows it would be smart for her to take advantage of his kindness. because he's right, she probably will fall asleep and miss her stop. niola opens her mouth to tell him that she's made his decision, but someone bumps into her.

she impact makes her stumble forward, causing her to fall onto matt. he quickly grabs her waist and she grabs his arms, stabilizing herself. she looks up at him, their noses brushing due to how close they now are.

niola clears her throat, stepping away from him. "yeah. sure. you can drive me, i guess."

"alright," matt responds awkwardly.

when they get out to the parking lot, niola sees matt's van sitting in its usual space. she notices nick and chris by the vehicle, arguing loudly. their noise causes lots of people in the parking lot to give them weird looks. not that they care.