36

ALL I DO

ALL I DO.
{ irl }

"where are niola and matt?" nick asks, being the first to notice the duo's absence. everyone was so interested in rayne's game that nobody noticed they were missing from the group.

nick, chris, and rayne pause their game and try to remember if they saw them exit the room or not. camille groans, sad that the game has ended when it just started to get good — rayne became magically pregnant with a pink, mermaid princess baby.

"i think niola told me something about going to get a drink." camille says, finally comprehending what she was told half an hour ago.

"and you didn't tell us!?" chris shouts, frantically realizing that this could mess up their plans if matt and niola started arguing. "we need to get them to make up, not run off alone and start fighting!"

"i didn't think anything of it because you guys were playing your game!" camille defends herself, but quickly notices how pathetic her excuse is. "well, you should have been paying attention to your brother!"

"you know how quiet matt is!"

"and!?"

"the fuck do you mean and!?" chris shouts, getting in her face. "he's silent! how am i supposed to notice when he leaves if he doesn't make any noise!?"

camille and chris continue to argue. what's funny is that neither of them are even mad at each other, their mad at themselves for not paying attention. so they've decided to take their anger out on the other instead of thinking logically.

nick is tempted to watch them argue all night, letting them waste their time and get even angrier about that.

but the way they're yelling is making rayne uncomfortable. rayne starts to squirm as if she's watched people argue like this before, and it didn't end well. her eyes dart around the room, waiting for something to get thrown or for someone to get hurt.

nick doesn't understand why she's so on-edge, but he knows that he needs to shut chris and camille up so rayne doesn't start crying. because if rayne gets upset, niola will kill everyone in the house (and nick is kinda scared of niola when she's mad).

"SHUT UP!" nick screams, making the entire room go silent.

chris and camille look at him in shock, surprised by his sudden outburst. but they quickly notice how loud and annoying they were being. they apologize to nick, hug each other, then start tehir search for niola and matt.