Chapter 20: Cuddle Bugs and Conversations

3rd Person POV:

Once the doctor had given Chija the all-clear, the boys didn't even give it a second thought before asking for the discharge papers; all they wanted was their princess home, safe and sound in their arms. Here Chija sat, smiling as Hyunjin placed her shoes on her feet, stroking her calves as she giggled, smiling down at him. Felix was behind her, softly braiding her hair as Jisung and Changbin helped pack their girl's belongings. Meanwhile, Jeongin and Seungmin fussed about, making sure Chija had her jacket and other items of clothing as they got ready to leave. 

Minho and Bangchan sat on the couch facing the door, flipping through the discharge paperwork. "Chiji, who would you like us to put as your emergency contacts?" Minho asked, peering over Bangchan's shoulder as he filled out the questions. "Just put you guys down please," She smiled, not even batting an eyelash at her response. Everyone froze, too shocked at what had just happened. "Y-You want us to be your emergency contacts?" Changbin asked, his waterline glimmering with un-hushed tears.

 Slightly confused, Chija nodded. "Well, of course, I want you all to be my emergency contacts. If god forbid, something were to ever happen to me, I would want you 8 to be the first to be informed. I trust you guys with my life..." She finished off, cooing when Jisung and Felix ran to her, Hyunjin following suit, sobbing harshly as they tackled her in a bear hug. "We trust you with our lives too, Noona~" Jisung wailed, sniffling as he snuggled into her neck. Chija quickly coddled her boys, giving them endless kisses to comfort their sniffles. Soon, all the others joined too, hugging their girl just as tight as she hugged them. 

After they had filled out all the paperwork, they quickly made their way out of the hospital, not wanting to waste another minute in the building. The boys all got into the car, waiting for Chija to slip in as well. "Jagiya, you coming?" Seungmin asked, pouting lightly at the girl as she stared off into space. Slowly rubbing her arm, Chija shook herself from her thought before slipping into the car, taking her place in between Changbin and Innie. 

"You ok, babygirl?" Changbin whispered in her ear, smirking when she blushed lightly. Chija murmured a small 'yes' before snuggling into his shoulder, feeling a wave of calm wash over her as Innie rubbed her leg softly, his feather-like touches soothing her aching muscles. 

Throughout the drive home, Chija could feel the boys' eyes on her at all times. The tension was so thick she could feel it choking her. "Ok, what is going on? You boys look as though you want to say something but are too scared to do so. What's going on?" The girl asked softly, her doe eyes showing nothing but love and concern. Slightly shocked and embarrassed at being caught staring, the boys coughed awkwardly, trying their best to avoid the conversation. 

"Come on you guys, we can't just avoid this forever. She has the right to know what's going on," Hyunjin stated, his hand reaching over to hold Chijas. Minho cleared his throat getting ready to speak. "Well, whilst you were in the hospital, we all had a discussion and came to the realisation that-" Minho cut himself off, biting his lip anxiously as he mulled over what words to say next.

"What Hyung is trying to say is that we all kind of have the same emotions when it comes to...well...you," Jisung finished off, looking over to the others for assistance. "What do you mean, same emotions?" Chija gulped nervously, eyeing the rest of the members. "What we're trying to say Chija is that-" "We're here"," The driver spoke suddenly, cutting Chan's sentence off. 

Looking out the window, Chija saw they were back home at the dorms. Sighing, Chija opened the door of the vehicle, and stepped out, ignoring the others calling for her. Walking into the house, Chija let out a frustrated sigh as Jisung crashed into her, pouting and asking why she had run off. "Until you boys top beating around the bush, I will not be speaking," She huffed, feeling upset at them hiding something from her. "We love you! All of us love you!"  Felix blurted out, all the boys immediately scolding him for saying that. Chija, in shock at what just happened, fell softly onto the couch looking at the boys in front of her with wide eyes.