Chapter 15: Late-Night Talking

Jisung POV:

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since that horrible night when Noona almost... I sighed into my hands, looking off to the side as Chan-Hyung furrowed his eyebrows, concentrating on the screen in front of him. "Sung! You okay?" Changbins voice infiltrated my ears, pulling me from my endless thoughts. "Oh! Yea, sorry about that. Guess I just zoned out." I smiled sheepishly, cheeks flushing red as my hyungs chuckled in amusement. 

"What's got you distracted, Jisung-ah?" Chan asked, concern washing over his once-soft features. "Honestly, I'm not sure. I guess that ever since that night-" I gulped, tears of anxiety welling in my sunken eyes. Almost instantly, both Changbin and Bangchan Hyung froze, their posture as stiff as a board. "Sung-ah, there's no reason to be thinking of that. She is safe at home, away from any danger. Don't stress yourself out, okay?" Changbin spoke sternly, his soft tone aiding my restless mind. Nodding in understanding, I turned back to the illuminated laptop screen in front of me, deciding to distract my aching heart.

A few hours later:

My throat burned as I repeated the same part of the rap for what felt like the millionth time of the night. I could feel my stomach churning with hunger, my head pounding as I chugged the cool glass of water. A soft ping sounded through the almost silent recording booth. Looking off to the side, I read the glowing screen, my once-tired face now beaming with love and warmth.

1 Message from: Sweet Girl ❤️🥰

Hey Sungie, darling! I hope everything is going well and you're all remembering to eat, stay hydrated and rest in between working hard! I miss you sooo much and cannot wait for my midnight cuddle partner to come home! xoxo

1 Image attached:

Opened

'Wah~ How can someone be so cute, kind and pretty? My heart cannot take this!~' I smiled, my thoughts turning mush as I re-read her message, saving the cute selca she had sent

'Wah~ How can someone be so cute, kind and pretty? My heart cannot take this!~' I smiled, my thoughts turning mush as I re-read her message, saving the cute selca she had sent. Looking at the time, I bit my lip; the need to be home and anxiety overwhelmed all other emotions. 

Message sent to: Kangaroo Boo 🤠 🦘

Hey Hyung, I'm sorry, but I can't seem to focus because I'm feeling super anxious and unsettled. I think I need to go and get some sleep. I'll come back in the morning, edit the last few sections, and have it ready for you by lunch.

Reply from: Kangaroo Boo 🤠 🦘

Hey Han-ah, it's okay! If you cannot seem to focus and feel unwell, please go back to the dorms and get some rest! I'll see you in the morning!😊

1 Image attached:

Opened

Laughing to myself, I quickly call one of the drivers before packing all my things, ensuring I have everything before bolting to the elevator

Laughing to myself, I quickly call one of the drivers before packing all my things, ensuring I have everything before bolting to the elevator. As the doors opened, I jumped in, practically smashing the ground floor button, rocking on the heels of my feet as the lift quickly made its descent. 

The doors didn't even open all the way before I ran out towards the car, my heart pounding in my ears as I pulled out my dorm keys, wanting nothing more than to go home. Hopping into the backseat, I pulled out my phone, quickly shooting Hyunjin and Seungmin a message that I'd be home soon, so they wouldn't be alarmed when I entered the home.

Once we pulled up at the dorm, I thanked the driver, not even looking back before jingling the door lock open. Immediately, the smell of macaroni and cheese infiltrated my starved senses, my stomach groaning in want. My shoes took their place on the shoe rack as I hung my coat, walking to the warm, sweet home in front of me.

  "Hannie, baby, Is that you? When did you get home?" Chija's soft voice floated to my ears. My heart leapt once I saw her clad in none other than my hoodie and Changbins sweats, her feet covered by what appeared to be Bangchan's Nike socks. Without a second thought, I strode over to her tiny body, scooping her into my arms as I closed the gap between us, her soft lips landing on mine. Her small hands thread through my hair as I sat on the couch, letting her straddle me.

 "I love you," I panted, wanting to express my feelings. "I've been in love with you since the beginning but didn't really realise it until that night, and now I just needed to tell you before it was too late and-" My rambling was cut off as our lips met with fiery passion once more. "I love you more, Hannie. I'm so in love with you." She whispered back, her arms snaking under my shirt as she rubbed my back, kissing my nose. I smiled, my heart feeling light for the first time in the last two weeks. 

"H-Hannie, mmm~ W-Wait~" She giggled between our kisses, biting her lip as I kissed her neck softly, occasionally biting it. "You need to eat before bed!" She whined, snuggling into my neck as I chuckled, kissing her head before laying on the couch.

 "In a minute, right now, I just wanna hold my girl..." I smiled, placing a sloppy kiss on her cheek, laughing when she playfully whined back in protest. "Fine, but after, I will make you dinner!" She declared, her little arms resting on my chest as we snuggled up on the couch, my eyes fluttering close. As I drifted to sleep, I felt a soft kiss, along with her sweet, calm voice. "Sleep well, baby. I love you, and I hope your mind is at ease now. Rest easy; I'm here for you..."

Hey guys! Love you all, and hope you enjoyed it! I know this Chapter isn't as good as the others, but I was thinking of following this bit of the plot up in the next Chapter.!