Melt into you

Cataleya Rose

Pulling up to the studio I parked before going inside. Walking towards the studio room I was met with the soothing feeling that I've grown to love these last few years. 

Walking inside the designated studio room I was instantly greeted by him. Giving a small smile we engaged in small conversation before getting straight to work. 

We sat in silence for a while just writing before we both went into the booth to record our verses. 

"That chorus goes crazy" Drake says smiling at me as I walked out of the booth.

Thanking him silently I sat opposite of him checking in with Z about the kids. 

Briefly engaging with Z, I hung up turning my attention to the man who sat opposite of me.

"So, tell me about you Ms. Cat?" he asks as his eyes scanned my face as I felt my body tense up.

"What do you want to know Mr. Drake?"  I respond causing him to smile and lick his lips.

"Call me Aubrey and whatever you want to share." Nodding I thought briefly before I opened my mouth to speak.

Engaging in conversation about ourselves I finally dropped my shoulders and relaxed into the chair letting the conversation flow. 

Before I knew it 5 hours had passed, and we recorded multiple songs together. Before we both went our separate ways, he asked me out to dinner to which I replied yes.

I didn't think much of it but knowing who he is I probably should have. 

Going to my apartment that I brought for work trips like these I changed doing my makeup before checking in on the kids and Z.

Telling him about my dinner "date" we laughed because he swore up and down, I was a simp. Laughing with him for a few more minutes I logged onto Instagram going live to engaged with my people.

Sitting my phone on the island that sat between the living room and kitchen I talked to them for a while before I drove to the address Aubrey texted me.

Pulling up to an airport I looked around confused only seeing one jet that was guarded by a bunch of security.

Seeing the silhouette of Aubrey, I hopped out of the car approaching him. 

"What is all this" I say looking around before turning my attention to him. 

"This is our ride to dinner" he responds in a duh tone.

Nodding we engaged in conversation before boarding the plane.

"Where are we going" I ask for what felt like the millionth time, and he responded the same way every time. 

"It's a surprise" 

Looking out of the window I watched the sky before closing my eyes falling asleep. 

1 hour later.

Feeling the plane land, I opened my eyes looking around slowly realizing where we were. Exiting the plane, I felt the familiar feeling of home in the air causing me to turn towards Aubrey.

"You took me back to New Orleans" I asked with a confused look on my face but was only met with a smile.

"Yea c'mon" he responds reaching out for my hand before leading me towards the truck that was waiting for us.