Open Arms

Cataleya Rose

Rocking back and forth in the chair that sat on my porch I listened as Soso sung her cousin a song she recently wrote.

"Good job Solana you sound beautiful" I smile kissing her cheek making her turning red as she blushed.

"Thank you ley ley" She responds running out into the water that she has loved since she was a baby. 

Watching her closely with a smile as I breast fed Lia I smiled feeling at peace which is all I have ever wanted in this lifetime. Standing up I decided to join Soso in the water with Lia in my arms.

Seeing my baby smiling in my arms was the best moment of my existence. She made everything worth it. All the pain I endured, all the hurt, the cheating, the lies none of that mattered when I looked in my baby's eyes. 

Solana, Rosalia, and I watched as the sunset right before our eyes which has become a part of our daily routine.

"Cmon Soso lets go have dinner" I grab her hand making my way into the house being met with Zion rapping along to Dreamville "Sacrifices" causing me to laugh lightly because you couldn't tell him shit when this came on.

Feeling a Greenbean hit the side of my face I quickly looked over mugging Soso. 

"Don't laugh at my daddy" she says sticking her tongue out at me. I mimicked her before I placed Lia down in her bouncer going to wash my hands immediately after. 

Preparing our plates, I sat the food on the table before we joined hands to say grace. 

We engaged in conversation before we finished dinner and prepared the kids for bed. After getting them both down Z and I went into our work studies seeing as though we've upgraded and got a bigger house.

Sitting down in the booth I waited for the song to play before I sung the lyrics I wrote down on a napkin earlier in the day.

"Cause a house is not a home when no one's there." I sang finally finding the strength to complete my album that would be released in 2 weeks.