Broken Promises

Cataleya Rose

6 months later

"Cataleya Dre look over here" I heard paparazzi scream as Dre and I walked yet another Red Carpet to promote our joint album. "What I didn't tell you" (Imagine Coco Jones album)

Hearing someone call my name I saw an interviewer who was known for doing events like this. Walking towards her with a smile I rubbed my hands against my dress to prevent an anxiety attack.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight may I ask who you are wearing?" 

"Thank you love my brother Zion actually custom made this dress for me tonight" I respond smiling.

"Cmonnn Zion he did his big one is there a site people can go to order"

"Of course, his Instagram is SincerlyZion" I respond again with a smile.

"Now many people are calling you the new queen of rnb. How do you feel about that?" She asks putting the mic back in my face.

"Well thank you for the title but I think all of the RnB girls are doing their big one right now" I say smiling before I was pulled away by Alex who walked me backstage to get ready for my performance.

"Are you ready" She asks smiling at me lightly see how nervous I was. Nodding I smile at her before I pulled her into a hug. 

"I love you so much" I say almost bursting into tears causing her to laugh.

"Bitch you are so hormonal, but I love you too" she says giving me a light squeeze before I was called on stage.

Hearing my cue, I walked out onto the stage instantly singing along to the track.

" Something bout your hands on my body" I begin as the lights turned on revealing me to the crowd.  

Singing along to the song I watched the shocked look on everyone's face as I revealed the secret I've been hiding for almost 6 months now

Smiling as I watched everyone sing along to my song it brought me to tears. The love I received for just being me is still very overwhelming, but I wouldn't want to have it any other way. 

After my performance I waved at everyone before exiting the stage instantly being greeted by my team cheering me on. 

Bursting into tears as I was pulled into a group hug, I looked around for Dre, but he was nowhere to be found. Sighing I smiled trying to keep my emotions together but him not being there was causing me an immense amount of pain.

After the awards were over, I was finally able to leave the show and go home. Dre and I bought a house in ATL so I could be close to him during my pregnancy and also promote my new album. 

Walking into the house I was greeted by silence as always. Ever since we've returned from New Orleans things are much different. 

Dre and I only saw each other in the studio and sometimes he didn't even show up for that. Our entire dynamic changed within a flight and all he could do was find excuses as to why he was so distant. 

Walking towards the kitchen I grabbed the food Alex cooked for me yesterday and warmed it up changing out of my heels into my house shoes. Grabbing my phone, I went to Instagram instantly seeing that Dre was posting on his story. 

Clicking the story, I was greeted by video after video of him being in the club surrounded by girls. Shaking my head, I closed out of the app instantly losing my appetite, but I knew I had to eat for the sake of our child. 

Going into the living room I turned on "Love Jones" and before I knew it I dozed off. 

3 hours later

Hearing the door open I watched as Dre stumbled in the front door sloppy drunk and making unnecessary noise. 

Shaking my head, I called his name causing him to smile at me but I was everything but amused. 

The closer he got the more I smelt the perfume on his clothes and the liquor on his breath. 

"Dre get the fuck away from me" I say struggling to get up so I could walk away from him. 

I barely was able to take two steps before he pulled me into his chest. 

"Baby why you acting like this" he says kissing me aggressively causing me to go weak in the knees. No matter what he did my body could never refuse him and I hated that. 

Moaning as he kissed me, he walked me back to the couch before gently helping me down and helping me get undressed.

Feeling him gently push into me I gasped as he thrusted into me at a slow consistent pace. This went on for 10 minutes and suddenly I forgot about all his wrong doings, and I was back under his spell.