Aura

Cataleya Rose

Opening my front door, I was instantly met with the smell of vanilla in the air and the sweet sounds of Faith Evan's "Soon as I get home." 

Laughing lightly, I walked into the kitchen being greeted by my brother dancing around the kitchen holding his daughter as she giggled loudly. 

Smiling as I watched him prance around with her, I pulled my phone out recording them. 

"Ley" She screamed finally noticing me as she fought to get out of her father's arms. Running towards me I lifted her in the air before giving her kisses all over her little face.

"Hi my baby" I say smiling putting her on my hip before going towards my brother and giving him a small hug. 

"Hey baby bro" I say giving him a kiss on his cheek because he was finally too tall to give a forehead kiss. 

We engaged in conversation about my trip as I helped him cook dinner for the three of us. 

This is what I missed most about New Orleans the feeling of being free. It was like the moment I felt the breeze my mood instantly became better, and I felt like I could relax. 

Leaving my brother to finish dinner I went outside towards my garden. My brother was horrible with plants, so I was surprised to see my garden still thriving after being gone for two months. 

My house sat near a lake which is the main reason I purchased the home. Placing Solana down on her feet I watched as she ran around the backyard. 

These were the moments I cherished the most. Being with my family and enjoying the simple life.

I loved creating music but my entire life I craved simplicity and genuine love something the industry lacked. Watching the sunset, I finally called Solana towards me to get her cleaned up for dinner.                                   

Getting her all cleaned up I met my brother in the dining room to eat the Gumbo he prepared. Engaging in conversation while we ate, he brought up the whole club thing. 

"I seen that producer nigga tryna get your attention." He says wiggling his brows causing me to laugh and throw a piece of bread at him.

"Boy mind your damn business that was nothing more than a business interaction."

"You don't got to lie to me" he says laughing egging the situation on knowing that would annoy me. 

Rolling my eyes, I changed topics.

Finishing dinner, I cleaned up the dinner table before putting Lana down for bed leaving Zion to do his homework. 

After getting her down I went out to the backyard lighting the candles that sat on the porch table pulling out my journal writing down lyrics for my new project.