Close to you

Cataleya Rose

3 months later

Waking up to the smell of bacon felt like Deja Vu. Lifting myself from the bed I made my way into the bathroom to complete my morning routine before going downstairs and being greeted by Z and Solana.

"Good morning Leya" Soso yells running towards me and giving me a small hug. Lifting her onto my hip I received a scowl from Z making me roll my eyes. 

"She is too heavy for you to be carrying her" he says walking towards us and grabbing her so she could be sat in her highchair.

"Okay dad" I say sarcastically before sitting at the island with him. 

He laughed in response before sitting a plate in front of me. 

We engaged in conversation as we ate. The conversation went from music, to photography, to being parents, to arguing about who was more talented. 

I've always been extremely close to my brother, but this pregnancy has made us closer in every way possible. 

I looked up to him as a single father and now he was helping to guide me in this new journey of motherhood. 

Discussing our plans for the day we decided that today would be the day I took my maternity pictures. 

Getting dressed we agreed to meet at blue water road. Pulling up I walked the trail that sat alongside the lake until I saw Z and Solana near the house. Smiling at the set up I looked at our very first car that I bought with my first big check. 

Feeling tears fall down my cheeks I was soon engulfed into a hug by Z. 

"I got you forever" He whispers kissing my forehead before telling me I looked beautiful causing me to smile.