Reminders

Cataleya Rose 

Finishing the last song of my set I waved to all my fans that screamed my name throughout the arena. 

This would always be a foreign feeling knowing that so many people who didn't personally know me, loved me. I've been in the industry for two years now and I'm still not used to the immense amount of love. 

Smiling as I passed everyone to get to my dressing room, I finally was able to relax my shoulders. Although I enjoyed my job it was always stressful knowing that thousands of people were watching me.

Closing the door, I was finally met with silence something I've learned to not take for granted. Pouring myself a drink I sat in down just observing the brown liquid that sat in the cup.

I knew I shouldn't drink it but it helped to take the edge off. Throwing the drink back I poured another cup until the entire bottle was gone. 

Looking at myself in the mirror I smiled but the smile wasn't real, but I was the only one who knew that. 

Getting undressed I put on my personal clothes and packed my bag so that I could meet my team out front so we could make it to my studio session. 

My manager has been telling me about a producer that has been dying to meet me in ATL and finally she was able to book a session. Grabbing everything I came with I made my way to the black escalades that held my entire team.

Putting my air pods in I listened to the beats he sent to my email to get a feel of what we were working with. Nodding my head to one beat in particular I decided that this was the one we would use to record tonight. 

Looking forward I noticed that we had arrived at the studio so as always I went ahead of everyone and made my way into the building. I knew where to go already because this was my personal studio.

Walking inside I was met with the pink led lights and the smell of vanilla in the air causing me to smile.

Seeing someone at the mixing console I sat in the chair opposite of him catching his attention.

"Oh, shit wassup" he says standing up to give me a hug in which I returned before going to introduce myself. 

"Cataleya" I say holding out my hand.

"Dre" he says kissing my hand causing me to lightly blush but only enough for me to notice. 

"Alright let's get to it" I say snatching my hand back and sitting it on my lap.