Daughter

Aishwarya's POV 

Everyone is acting strangely with me. It's because of Saturday's incident, thanks to my hubby😡. I feel like slapping him. Everyone is looking as if I'm show piece and when I look at them, they turn their heads.

My seniors are like... 'are you able to do this work? Do you need help?' It is as if I became fragile overnight. Maybe I'm overreacting, everyone came to know about my pregnancy. That could be the reason that they don't want to stress me.

Only Mahesh is acting normal. Day is hectic as usual. By the time I reached home it was 6:30pm. No one was home. Uncle and Vicky usually comes late. Aunty messaged that she is attending birthday party, will be home around 9pm. Party is at other side of Mumbai.

I settled in swing on terrace sipping badam milk. This is my favorite spot. Frangrance of jasmine is heavenly. Anil called.

"Is  everything ok" I asked. He spoke to me yesterday, he is not the person to call everyday and say hi.

"Aishu, I still have doubts" he said. Oh god! What can I do? 

"Not again" I sighed

"Think carefully Aishu, did you ever feel your father in law is acting...I mean somewhere you feel he isn't good..." 

I couldn't bear it

"Shut up, just shut up Anil. What do you know about uncle? He is light in my dark phase. You all abandoned me, didn't bother to find truth. Not even once you doubted there is some mistake. You know how hard it was! 

Uncle brought me out of that phase. He is a man of few words but those words gave me strength to live. I don't know what would have happened to me without him...." 

"Where was Vikram? Was he not with you at that time?" Anil asked. 

That's why I was happy that my family is not talking to me. It's not easy to lie

"Vicky had undercover operation, he had to go. After my graduation he proposed me, he was waiting for that day. He wanted to marry me after he join as ACP with everyone's blessings. 

Our family fixed engagement with Rehaan without my knowledge. Because of the chaos Vicky had no choice but marry me. He left me with his family and went. He came back last month and now he joined as ACP" I lied. I don't even know how I'm able to make up these stories.

"But Vikranth Bhatia is...." He tried to tell but I don't want to hear

"One more word against my father in law, I will never talk to you or see your face. Do you have any idea how he took care of me? 

Sometimes I used to wake up very early because of hunger, uncle used to make me breakfast when aunty couldn't get up. Aunty usually wake up early but she is heart patient and has health issues so she can't wake up sometimes. I feel so safe, secured and happy with him around. He loves me like a daughter. 

Did dad ever do that to Neetu(Aishu's sister in law, Anil's wife)? Did he ever talk to her with love. He talks normally. Dad is like that, don't express love much but what about mom? 

She is good with Neetu but never treat like a daughter. Neetu is in New York for treatment since 6 months. Did any of our family visited except Rehaan? 

Don't say they are busy. If I were in her place, mom would have stayed all the time. 

Our parents accepted Neetu as daughter in law but not daughter.

My in laws became my parents Anil. They love me so much and I love them. You know aunty's name is Shanthi. I feel her parents named her knowing her nature. You don't see anything but smile in her face always. One day she shouted on Vicky because he hurt me unintentionally( I added unintentionally so that Anil wouldn't question about Vicky)

Mom would never scold you even if you hurt Neetu. Please don't say anything against them" I pleaded

"Sorry Aishu, I didn't mean to hurt you. I'm so happy that you got wonderful family. I would like to meet them. Aishu... does your in laws know about our family?" He asked 

"No, thinking of our family made me sad. I missed you all so much so no one spoke about you" i half lied

"Please don't mention mama's name to anyone there" he said 

"Why?" I asked though I knew. That way he wouldn't doubt

"Please, don't ask anything. See you soon princess. Take care" he said 

I felt bad lying to my brother. What else could I do?