My New Life

Aishwarya's POV 

It's been one month I moved into Vikranth uncle's home. I feel at home. No one from my family is talking to me. I'm not talking to my mama. I told him, dad would be angry with him if he talks to me, give it few months.

Actual reason is he would easily catch my lies, I'm bad at lying.

The only person talking to me occasionally is my best friend and sister in law Neetu. She is in New York now. She talks when my brother is not around. I didn't tell about the mess in my life.

I got admission into MS general surgery in Mumbai. Mama is very proud of me so do Vikranth uncle and Shanthi aunty.

I made a new friend, Varna. 

She is family friend's daughter of Vikranth uncle. She is very sweet and bubbly. I didn't want to tell about my life immediately but I had to.

Flashback 

Two weeks after I moved here, Shanthi aunty introduced me to Varna. 

"You are Aishu, I mean Aishwarya right" she asked as soon as she saw me

I was surprised, never saw her before

"Congratulations, on your wedding" she said hugging me

I was in shock, didn't know what to say. How did she knew about my marriage?

"Don't be surprised, I'm Rehaan's friend. He talks about you all the time. Sorry I couldn't attend your marriage" she apologized 

I couldn't stop myself from breaking down hearing Rehaan's name which remained me of all the humiliation my family would have gone through. I ran to my room.

After half an hour I heard Varna calling me

"Aishu, please open the door. They don't deserve your tears. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry, I didn't know" she kept on talking till I opened the door

She hugged me as soon as I opened

"I'm sorry, I have no idea about what happened. I didn't get time to talk to Rehaan after that" she said hesitantly

"It's ok , I'm sorry I overreacted. That's my past which I don't want to remember. Please don't tell Rehaan about what happened" I requested 

"Aunty told me, I promise you that I wouldn't tell" she said sincerely 

Though I lost trust in people, I could see honesty in her eyes

After that day we became close friends, she comes everyday, take me out. I'm happy spending time with her. She has construction business. She took me to her office too few times. Since I'm into real estate I decided to invest in her business, she was happy about it. 

Rehaan is her senior in college. They seem to be very close. I think, no I'm 100% sure she loves Rehaan. On our first meet she thought I was married to Rehaan, still she wished me wholeheartedly hugging me. That one incident tells how nice she is. I would be the happiest person if they both get married. 

Maybe I will play Cupid once things get settled. Right now my home would be in chaos.

End of Flashback 

Uncle and aunty are happy that I'm doing better. Except morning sickness I have no problem. My baby is healthy. Aunty make sure I eat healthy food and tablets.

Aunty and uncle became my parents truly. Few days after I came, I realized something tragedy happened in their lives. Aunty is depressed because of that. She got heart attack twice and uncle took voluntary retirement after that. Their son is trying for transfer here.

I'm not going to ask them what happened, they would share when they are ready. I decide to fill the void in their lives. 

Everyday uncle goes for jogging, I started to take aunty too for walking in the beach. Aunty decided to accompany me as it is good for me. Walking in the beach, in fresh air I keep telling aunt about all the happy moments, all the mischievous things I did with Rehaan and my brother. Aunty enjoys my blabbering. Uncle said, I never saw Shanthi this happy in long time'

I never entered kitchen my whole life. I'm learning basic cooking now. Aunty makes delicious food. Aunty is too good at teaching that I feel cooking is simple. Still I have long  way to go.

Aunty's health is also improving. I'm making sure aunty is eating food as per the diet chart and take medicines.

Since aunty's health is good and I'm here, aunty is trying to convince uncle to join department. I felt very proud when aunty said Chief Minister and Home Minister want uncle back.

Uncle finally agreed yesterday. I made upside down pineapple cake for the first time to celebrate. It turned out really delicious.

I would be joining college next week. Since two days my morning sickness is really bad, not able to go walking in the morning. Aunty too didn't want to go leaving me but I insisted, it's very good for her health.

Around 5:30 am doorbell rang, I was surprised who could it be. Uncle and aunty has keys. Chethana(maid) and Maria(cook) would be coming around 6:30am.

I opened the door and was shocked to see the face which I want to forget

"Why are you here?" He asked