October

Third Person POV 

    "You guys! This is really too much!" Hazel exclaims as she pulls off the wrapping paper of another gift. A beautiful crib is housed within the box.

   "We figured since you're due in five weeks it was about time to make sure the little fella has a place to sleep," Adam tells his son and daughter in law.

   Daphne flits around the living room checking to see if anyone needs anything. She's being the best host she can be, especially since she has now taken the ovulation tests every day for an entire month with no positive results. She goes back into the kitchen for the fourth time since Hazel and Oliver began opening gifts. 

   "Babe," Chris starts, having followed her. "You really should be in there with them." He looks at her with both concern and love. She looks up at him and gently shakes her head no.  Chris takes her by the hand and leads her into the garage, shutting the door behind them.  

   He brings her closer to his chest so that he can hold her.  "I know," he whispers gently. She looks up at him trying to figure out what he means. "I know about the ovulation tests, and the pregnancy tests."  Those few words open the flood gates behind Daphne's eyes. She drops her head into his chest further, hiding her tears but her body is wracked with sobs. Chris glances over at the door, thankful to hear the rounds of laughter coming from inside, essentially hiding his wife's crying. 

    "We'll call Dr. Kallen's office in the morning, okay?" She looks up at him and nods her head, pulling away from him to try and gather herself. Chris uses his hands to help clean the tears off from her cheeks. 

    "Let's go back in, together. I've got you," he assures Daphne.  Taking her hand in his again they walk back into their home and place themselves in the midst of the joy.

    "Did yall decide on a name yet?" Rene asks.

    Hazel and Oliver look at each other. "We did. His name is Milo Mattox Jeffries." Everyone in the room oohs and ahhs over the adorable name.  

~~~~~

Daphne POV

   "Carey, she's going to look so adorable in that," I exclaim as she shows me the outfits she received at her baby shower today.  

    FaceTime is a glorious thing. We'd been unable to make the trip up with Scott for the shower since Hazel and Ollie's was the same day at our home. At the time we hadn't known they'd be planned for the same day. Thankfully Carey understood the excitement over my brother's first child and that I needed to be here. I told Chris he could go without me but Meridian put a stop to that possibility by switching his shifts around.

   "I saved y'alls gift so that I could open it with yall. Is that okay?" She asks me.  

   "Of course!" I motion for Chris to join us as he walks out of our bedroom. He's just finishing getting ready to head out. He brings his boots over to the chair next to me and starts putting them on while Carey starts opening the gift.

   "Hey sis."

   "Hey butthead," she stops opening the gift and gives him a wide grin through the screen. "Miss you guys. Think y'all can come up after she's born?"

   I look over at Chris who shrugs. "Depends on how much Chief screws with my schedule between now and then."

   Carey is now only a couple of weeks away from her due date. Technically, she could go any time.  With it being her third, there's a good possibility it'll be quick once she goes into labor.