Honeymoon: Island Time

"Oh wow," Daphne says as she takes in the beautiful landscape before her

Daphne was feeling much better the following day which worked out well since it was their last day in Hawaii before they start the trek back across the ocean to California.

The couple chose to make the most out of the last day and started with visiting Akaka Falls State Park. The full hike was less than half of a mile. The views, priceless. They were able to see Kahuna Falls and the free falling Akaka Falls.

Chris insists that they take a short break to sit and take photos. He's still concerned for Daphne and doesn't want her to over do it. He hands her a bottle of water from his backpack and leads her to sit.

The couple sit in silence, the falling water the only sound invading their thoughts. "Hard to believe it's almost time to return to reality," Chris says as Daphne rests her head on his shoulder.

"It'll be an exciting reality though," Daphne assures him. "We close on the house soon and then we can move in." Her eyes dance with a familiar gleam that Chris loves to witness.

"It'll be a very busy reality," Chris says standing up. He offers Daphne his hand to help her. "Why do you say that?" She asks. "We've got a lot of rooms to christen," he says deviously. Daphne slaps at his shoulder and laughs. "You're so silly, Christopher."

"I'm being serious. We've got a lot of virgin rooms between my apartment, your house and the new house. We'll be busy," he tells her as he holds her close.

"And sore," she laughs back at him as he pecks her nose.

~~~~~

"I can't do it!" Daphne yells down to Chris, as he wades in the ocean below.

"Yes you can, baby," Chris calls up to her. "Take a deep breath, close your eyes, and jump!"

Daphne knows she's being ridiculous, it's only a 20 foot jump but she's terrified of heights. "This is insane. I'm just gonna climb back down."

"No you're not, Daphne. I'll come to you," he tells her as he swims towards the structure.

The couple had come over to Coconut Island after hiking the falls. They'd been enjoying the beach but then Chris suggested a swim.  He had been the first to jump before Daphne got brave and said she wanted to try. Chris had watched her climb up and thought for sure she was going to go through with it. But here he is, headed to help her overcome her fear.

  The island wasn't very busy and those that were waiting to jump had been moved ahead as Daphne stood back away from the edge.

  When Chris reached her she was visibly shaking. Unsure if it was due to a chill or fear, he thought it best to ask. "Baby, are you okay?"

  Daphne feels her heart in her throat as she tells Chris of the familiar fear of heights. He's reminded of the ride on the Ferris Wheel and how she made it through her fear then. "What if we jump together?" He suggests.