34

Kaleb's giggles filled my ears as I threw him up in the hair and caught him. Life is good right now. Last week I had a meeting with the record label and we talked and they told me they would be giving me a contract and I could probably actually work with it on what they told me. They told me that before we proceed with anything, I need a manager. Though, they do want me to come in sometime to record a song or two. I've been resting my voice from singing and I've been drinking lots of water. I don't want to mess this up. Ella has been helping me look for an apartment and I think I've found one. It has a nice kitchen, two bathrooms, it has a big enough living room, and two bedrooms which is perfect for Kaleb and I. It's kind of small, but I love it. I love the homey feeling it has and it's just so cute. I put a deal in for it and I hope I get it. I was at Ella's house for a little cookout they were having and they let me bring Kaleb. It was only Ella, Alex, and Grace though. Not sure where Ronnie is.

I took him in my arms and tickled him. He laughed loudly and tried to bury his head into my neck. I caught Ella's eyes as she watched me from where she was sitting on the deck, Alex was sitting by her and she smiled at me. I placed Kaleb down, but he immediately clung to my leg.

"No," he mumbles. I laughed and playfully moved my leg around, but he held on tightly and laughed.

"Are you gonna let me walk?" He shook his head no and I sighed. I carefully walked over to them as he hung onto me. "I have a monkey." I stated as I stood in front of them.

"Get rid of all the bitchiness and you're a really good mom," Alex smiles.

"Ha ha," I say sarcastically giving her a glare.

"She's not a b word Alex. Don't say that around Kaleb." His head shot up at her voice and smiled before running into her legs.

"El El!" She picks him up and sets him on her lap and he leans into her.

"Hi buddy," she coos and then points to her right. "This is my sister Alex." Kaleb looks at her and waves.

"Alec," he says. Alex laughs.

"Close enough. You're very cute." His cheeks turn a little red and he turns his head to hide in Ella's chest.

"He's starting to get shy the more he learns more words," I smile and sit down. He turns to me.

"Momma, I haf orsh?"

"What?" Ella laughs at how confused Alex is. "Can she understand him?"

"Don't worry baby, I brought your oranges. Yes I can understand him Alec," I wink playfully at her and she rolls her eyes.

"Play wif Kaeb." He tugs on Ella's hair and I gently take it out of his grasp.

"No pulling hair." He looks at me and frowns before turning back and straddling Ella's lap and poking her.

"Play wif Kaeb."

"Okay, let's go." She sets him down.

"It!" He squeals after tapping her and running off. I laugh loudly.

"What?" Ella asks, puzzled.

"He's playing tag," I smile at her as she groans.

"Do you do this a lot?" I shake my head.

"Nope. Kacy and Kane usually play with him." She sighs and leans down capturing my lips, until a cough breaks us up. I roll my eyes at Alex and Ella winks at me before running in the direction where Kaleb ran off to. I smile as I watch them. Ella slows down pretending he's super fast so she doesn't catch him, but then when he turns around and stops, she runs to him and picks him up, throwing him over her shoulder as he squeals.