32

"Are you all packed?" I asked Ella as I brought my suitcase down, along with a drawstring bag.

"Yes babe, it's right here," she motioned to the suitcase beside her. "Who's taking us to the airport?" Kaleb bolted past me and into Ella's legs, causing her to chuckle and pick him up. "Why hello handsome."

"El El!" He shrieked. I winced at the volume and pecked Ella's lips.

"Emily," I replied as she pulled up. "There she is. Mom!" She came out of the kitchen along with Kacy.

"You heading off?"

"Yup. I'll call you on Thanksgiving and I'll text you when I land safely. I love you guys." I gave each of them hugs and took the suitcases.

"I can carry mine you know." I turned towards Ella and smiled.

"Nope. Plus, you have precious cargo in your arms." Kaleb was clinging onto her neck as he rested his head on her shoulder, his eyes were darting around the surrounds and squealed when Ella turned around and he could see Emily.

"Auntie Em!"

"Hey there buddy." She smiled and helped me put the suitcases in the trunk. "Ella, you excited to go to Portland? Hometown of the Cooper kids?" She snickered as we got onto the road. Ella laughed and I looked back to see her playing with Kaleb.

"Yeah. It will definitely be fun to see what raised them into these." I scoffed.

"Woah now. That could be insulting to my parents you know."

"Oh we know they didn't raise y'all this way. They're too nice and sophisticated. You guys are a wild bunch," Emily piped in. I huffed and met Ella's eyes where she winked at me. "What time is your flight again?"

"Nine thirty. We should get to Portland sometime during eleven. Thankfully it's only a two hour flight. Unlucky though is Kaleb will probably be up during the flight, but I brought some milk. It's hot though, so once it cools off a little bit I'll be able to feed him before going through security and he should be out like a light. Speaking of, it should be warm now. Ella you want to give this to him?" I reached in my bag and handed her a bottle.

"You still bottle feed him?" Emily asked.

"Well no. Just today." She chuckled at me as we pulled into the entrance that lead to the airport.

"I hope you guys have fun. I miss Portland, I'm going out there for New Years to visit my family."

"That's really cool. Are Ken and Kane going with you?" Ella asked.

"Oh yeah. Sorry to steal them away," Emily said sheepishly to Kodi.

"The hell, don't apologize. You guys are adults and you have your own family. You guys don't need to come to all our family functions," I state as Emily tries to find an entrance to drop us off. She mumbled an 'okay' as she concentrated.

"Well, I'm really excited to see Taylor again and meet her family and sightsee. I've heard Portland is beautiful," Ella gushed.

"It really is. You better take her to the best spots at the best times Kodi. She deserves to see it all. Has Kaleb ever been there before?"

I looked at Emily as she put the car in park and we got out.

"No he hasn't. Whenever he was born, Tay, her mom, and Smyth all flew down for a few weeks to see him. This will be an experience for him. I'm kind of scared to see how this plane ride will go, but he's normally not fussy and hopefully this milk will kick in after security." Ella and Emily got the suitcases as I got Kaleb who was just finishing off the bottle. He smiled at me and continued to suck on the nipple until it was all gone. "Can you take this with you then Em?" She nodded her head and placed it up front. She pulled Ella and I in for a hug.