Chapter 13

Miley

"Before I tell you the rules, everyone sit in a circle" Zayn announced.

When everyone was settled in their places, Cole brought an empty bottle and spun it which landed on me.

"Miley you have the worst luck" Samuel who was sitting next to me whispered.

"Miley let me tell you the rules" Cole said picking up the bottle and stood next to me. "Rules are simple, we all will hide in the resort and you have to find us... but the electricity will be down so you can only use a flashlight. All the workers are in the other hall, so we all are alone right now. If you find us we all will do whatever you want but if in twenty minutes you failed to find us you'll do whatever is written in the slip this box has" he explained showing me a box which contained slips folded nicely.

"Twenty minutes? It's not fair, how can I find you all in twenty minutes?" I complained.

"Nothing is fair in this group baby" Aiden whispered in my ear.

I ran my eyes all around to find there were nine people I have to find.

"You ready?" Cole asked.

I hesitantly nodded and he led me to the pool which was outside the resort.

"You can use your phone's flashlight and come back after counting till twenty" he said giving me a smile and went back in.

I looked around the trees and the moon above them. The dim light of the moon didn't help much when the lights of the resort turned off. I reached for my phone and switched on the flashlight.

Counting up-to twenty wasn't easy when I was getting distracted by the sound made by the wind and the rustling near me. I was alone, standing in the middle of the night near a pool. I could hear and see the ocean waves coming back and forth in front of me. Soon people and tourists will fill this place an-

Time to go back in.

I turned around to find everything lifeless, even the leaves were no longer moving due to the wind. Silence covered every tiny space around me.

The only source of light visible was of my phone. I took a step looking around to find any single person but failed.

Reaching inside the resort, I came across the reception. There were two ways, this was the first choice I had to choose. Should I take left or right?
None provided any sign of anyone, both were equally dark and quiet.

I decided to go for right as right is always right.

Not always.

Thanks for the motivation Miley.

I turned to right, moving my phone left to right to find anyone hiding behind the plants.

Who will hide here when they know you'll come here first. They must be hiding on the first or second floor.

First time my inner self said something wise. But still I decided not miss these spots.

I walked till I reached the stairs. The moment I climbed the first stair I heard someone running away which proved that there was someone on the first floor. I heard faint noises saying she's here.

I increased my pace as my lips automatically curled into a smile. Finally someone here. As I reached the first floor everything went back to lifeless. But I was sure that someone must be here.

Second choice came again when I had to choose between right and left but this time I went with left.

I switched off my flashlight so they won't see me coming. There was no one in the corridor, so I had to check every single room which was tiring.

Opening the first door slowly I peeked in. I stepped in and looked behind the door. No one.
Carefully closing the door, I went a little further. It was a small cosy room with another door.
I checked under the bed and under the blanket but no one was there. As I opened the other door, it brought me to the bathroom. I went near the curtains securing the shower.
Suddenly I felt like a character in a horror movie who always knew that there was someone behind the curtain, but still had to go and check.

I dramatically stepped towards the curtain, my pace was awfully slow and a creepy background music was playing in mind.

I reached towards the curtain and my fingers took a grip of it. Slowly, I slid the curtain to the side and suddenly the person in front of screamed which made me scream too. I took a step back which made me stumble and I landed on my butt.

Ouch!

Now they are flatter than ever. My butt.
I whined mentally.

"Dude, why were you acting like that" the girl in front of my whisper yelled. Her hand was still on her heart checking her heart beat.

I turned on my flashlight to find it one of the girls I met at that party.

"Why did you scream?" I asked.

"You were walking like a creep and why didn't you turn on the flashlight?" she complained while coming out of the bathtub.

"Forget it but I'm sure you made everyone run away from this floor" I sighed.

"Sorry, but let's go. I'm glad I'm not alone now" she said coming closer to me.

"Yeah me too" I murmured.

"By the way, I'm Clare" she introduced.

"I know, I remember you from the party. I'm Miley" I said leaving the room.

"Miley, I think we should check on the ground floor because I didn't see many people here and I guess those who were,are no longer here too" she said and mentally nodded.

"Let's go to the ground floor" I announced leading the way.

~~~~~~~~
Hi guys, sorry for the late update as my exams are coming soon😭
But I hope you liked this chapter, make sure to
Vote
Comment
Share