Chapter 39

Miley

"Surprise" suddenly, I was surrounded by my friends behind whom the house was decorated and the bold golden letters were seen which stated 'Happy Birthday'.

Mia rushed towards me and dragged me to my room.

"Here take this dress and get changed. Hurry up" they said while rushing out of the room.

After the door was closed, I got changed and came out to see a three tier well designed cake placed between the table.

"You look beautiful" Aiden who stood next to me whispered.

Mumbling a thanks I walked towards the table where everyone had their eyes set on me with delight. Seeing their happiness brought a smile on my face too.

"Hurry up, cut the cake" Cole said handing me the knife. I took out a small piece and looked cluelessly at everyone. I only watched people cutting the cake and feeding others or themselves but I never experienced it. Suddenly, I felt Aiden's hand holding my hand and led to his mouth. He cut the piece and was about to bring it near to my mouth when a handful of cake hit my face making me stumble some steps. My brain stopped working when I wiped the cake from my eyes and looked around me to see an animalistic war taking place in the middle of the room. My gaze stopped at Aiden who was still standing with the cake between his fingers and his doe eye staring at my face.

I saw Mia taking another handful of cake from the table and slapping it brutally on Cole's face. I felt the cream of the cake fell from my face to my hand which I wiped to the table cloth.
Making sure Aiden didn't see that which he obviously did but ignored, standing in front of me.

"Happy birthday, beautiful" he said bringing the unharmed piece of cake to my lips which I accepted happily.

"Thank you" I said.

"LET THE REAL PARTY BEGIN" I heard an ear-spilliting shrill voice of Mia while others were busy having a drink or wiping the cake from their body.

"You have a little on your face" Aiden pointed to my face which was fully covered in face.

"Can you wipe that little from my face?" I said, laughing.

"Don't touch or break anything. We are coming in a minute" Aiden told the animals in human skin who maybe or maybe not heard him.

Closing the door of his room I ran to the bathroom, him following me.

He passed me the towel after I was done. I turned to look at his reflection in the mirror and asked, "did you check your texts?"

I saw the change in his expressions when he took out his phone from the back pocket of his jeans.

"Miley..." He looked at me through the mirror and then looked at the text again shaking his head unbelievably.

"Is it because I took you to your dad's house?"

I turned smiling, the smile I wasn't able to control.
"No, it's because you were the only person who was by my side when I needed someone the most. It's because you sacrificed your time for me, taking care of me. It's because... I really like you too. Aiden... This, us is just a pure coincidence. I never thought that we would come this far. And never even in my dreams I thought a person who knew me not more than a month would do this much for me. Even my mother didn't care Aiden, but you did."

I was embraced, engulfed in his warmth. "I never knew an alphabet that is an 'A' could give me happiness to this extent."

I smiled, hugging him tighter.
"I even considered the second option that you gave me, you know. I love you as a frie- Oww Aiden" I squirmed when his hand started tickling me.