Chapter 31

Willow's POV 

The soft strokes of a knuckle ran down the side of my cheek and slowly woke me up, my eyes remained closed, but I couldn't help leaning into the touch, addicted to the tingling sparks left in his path.

"I can tell you're awake angel," Alaric whispered above me, outstretching his palm and resting it against my cheek, playfully lifting my eyelid without warning, causing me to look possessed and crazy, not my finest look in the morning.

My ears stung at the boisterous laughter coming from my mate, doubled over in hysterics and amusing himself with my defenceless body, not appreciated, and I groaned in annoyance.

"I'm sorry my love I couldn't resist." He said after he got his breath back.

I finally opened my eyes and came face to face with my smirking mate, our noses almost touching at the close contact. I felt like pinching it in retaliation, but reframed and gave a tight lip smile instead.

"Speaking of things I can't resist." He said, swiftly lifting me out of my comfortable position and over his body instead, making me clutch his chest with my head lowered into the crook of his neck, a cosy spot for me to snuggle into.

"You fancy explaining what last night was all about, you little minx?" Alaric teased with an unmistakable grin on his face that I didn't even need to see to believe, I knew he loved every second of my shyness right now.

Last night was a first for me.

I had never been so open and expressive with my feelings, it was as though something inside me pushed me on and gave me some extreme confidence, it was so unlike me, and I'm now feeling the embarrassment set in full force, making me hide in his neck and out of view. I didn't want him seeing my bright red cheeks and nervous smile, hoping he doesn't see me any different after that.

"Aww my precious, you don't need to be embarrassed about what happened, it's normal for couples to express their need for one another and you know I don't see you any differently, you're still my innocent little angel to me, even though you turned into a bold, ravenous lioness last night." Alaric laughed and tickled my sides, cheering me up a little and making me giggle along with him.

"Stop! there's only so much embarrassment I can take Alaric!" I said in the link, hiding my face in the pillows in shame.

"Jake and I loved it, you should have heard his purrs, and he was so close to fulfilling your wishes, my angel, but the universe never seems to be on our side." Alaric sighed sadly, rubbing my back and kissing my shoulder.

"One day the lioness will come out again, and I reckon it'll be soon my love," I said, feeling giddy and in a teasing mood after knowing they actually liked it, me being bold for a change. It was certainly invigorating, and I still want to take that next step with Alaric, but I need to gather all that confidence again, which will take a little more time.

"Whenever you feel ready my angel, no pressure at all," Alaric whispered against my head, leaving a trail of kisses and making a small faint moan leave my lips, closing my eyes in pure bliss.

"Although it might end up sooner if you keep making noises like that, Jake is crumbling right now," Alaric said with a strained tone, making me look up at him with a smile at the mention of his wolf present.

"Tell Jake I'm very sorry," I said, hoping I wasn't hurting him that bad, I haven't even met him properly, and I'm already causing him pain, some soulmate I am.

"Why don't you tell him yourself, angel?" Alaric said, looking up at me with that gold shimmer peeking out the rim of his iris, stunning me for a moment.