Chapter 13

Opening my eyes and staring up above me, I realised I was in a forest, lying completely still on the grass with flowers dotted around me. Getting to my feet and dusting the dirt from my pale blue dress, the suns intense rays shine across my body and light up my skin, feeling its energy pass through me.

Looking at my surroundings, I was alone in the depths of the forest, only surrounded by vibrant birds flying through the trees and singing soft tunes. There was also a few deers and rabbits, hopping along and eyeing me with slight caution and interest.

I looked down to see myself barefoot, feeling the dirt and grass thread between my toes and tickling them, making crackled giggles pass through my lips with a painful burn afterwards.

I decided to follow the light and head towards the suns rays, embracing the warmth and safe feeling the sun had on my pale skin. I held out my arms and brushed my fingers against the trees I passed, feeling the dry bark and rough textures which contrasted greatly to my soft skin. It was a beautiful setting with lilies, lavender and daisies lining the ground and bringing a splash of colour to the forest, rather than the dominant green and brown colours from the trees and grass.

I found myself smiling on my own, feeling pure joy and raw happiness at the beauty of the forest, so calm and tranquil, I can practically feel my stress and anxieties leak from my mind and leave a trail on the grass behind me.

The wind picked up slightly but not too aggressive, making my curly hair swept off my shoulders and dance behind me, waving around in the current. I made a few friends on my trail, spotting a few rabbits hopping behind me and trying to catch up, probably intrigued at the overly happy stranger dancing through the trees with her hair wild and arms extended, leaving her scent and traces that she existed there.

The further I walked down my path, the thinner the tress got. It was almost as if I was getting near the end of the forest, coming to the border.  I was glad the flowers were still around me, fresh and healthy as can be. The scent of them subtle but just enough to breath in and breath out with a satisfied look upon your face; there's nothing like the scent of fresh flowers and woodsy fragrance from the trees.

As my prediction was becoming apparent, I approached an oval clearing through the trees. Just before I reached the exposed area, two willow trees hung their branches gracefully at the border, as if their purpose was a door to the clearing. Pushing aside their leaves and branches, I entered the space. It was like a private meadow for the select few to find, daisies and lavender sprouted out the ground like a blanket over the soil, the sun was at its peak in the sky, shining down and liting up the whole space. It was genuinely mesmerising, and I don't say that lightly, I felt truly at peace as if this space was meant just for me.

Walking a little further into the clearing, I felt the extent of the blazing sun, cast down on me like an angel and warming up my whole being, like a warm fuzzy blanket. My hair was shining like a thousand diamonds, shimmering in the light as I grasped a lock in my hand, waving it around to see the actual effect the sun had on my hair.

But then something happened that shifted the mood in this fairy-like forest. The animals quietened down and scurried away from me; The rabbits hopped into the holes at the bottom of the trees, Deers carried their young and dashed away like the wind. Everything fell silent, only my breathing could be heard for miles, but that soon changed when something entered the clearing with me.

Straight ahead on the opposite side of the meadow, welcomed a new animal to the fairyland, only this animal looked a lot more menacing and dangerous.

Its eyes were the first thing I could see; it's emerald green eyes pierced through the trees and set on my own hazel eyes. Its colour was so vibrant, something I had never seen before, by far the most beautiful green eyes I had ever seen, like two emerald diamonds embedded into the creature. Then its body came into view and pushed away the trees by force. A wolf the size of four grown men into one entered the clearing, it was at least six or seven feet tall and towered over my body easily. Its fur was a midnight black colour, so dark and shiny in the light, making its hair appear silky and soft. It was a terrifying wolf to all the animals in the forest clearly, but to me, it seemed like it was thinking, scanning over my body, not in hunger but thoughtfulness, as if I was a mystery to the animal.