Chapter 10

There she was, my beautiful angel tucked up on my chest with her dainty fingers clutching my shirt tightly, her eyes closed tight in a deep sleep with her heart resting against mine, our beats in sync. 

She's exactly where she belongs.

As I stroke Willow's wavy hair away from her face, I look down and admire her beautiful complexion and her gorgeous features, I hate that she can't see how stunning she is and feel confident in herself. I'm going to show her how beautiful she is, every day that I can.

As I admire my mate in my arms, I remember the event that transpired earlier in the day. My wolf has been on edge ever since we entered this hospital as it brings up a lot of bad memories and more importantly the fact that my angel is injured, made my wolf want to protect and expose himself to her, so she knows that she will always have us to guard her.

The reaction Willow gave to our wolf was a rocky start, but she seemed to warm up to him. My wolf is very intimidating to many, and I knew she wouldn't take it well when she first saw him, but luckily it didn't go any worse.

My wolf was so smitten with Willow from the moment he saw her; I felt his primal need to claim her instantly, and the urge to protect her from everything and everyone.

If Willow thought I was protective, she has another thing coming with my wolf.

I wanted Willow to meet my wolf in a much better way; I would explain to her everything about my kind and answer all the burning questions I know she has, then when she's ready, I'll reveal him. Not making himself known in a hospital and scaring the living hell out of her.

I try and forget what happened and focus on my sleeping mate, combing her hair through my fingers and feeling our burning connection through my fingertips. I smile down at her and kiss her forehead every few seconds, completely addicted to my angel.

It's incredible how our bond has flourished so quickly in such a short space of time; things were happening to us that normally occur to mated wolves, rarely in a couple so soon that only had their first kiss a few hours ago.

It wasn't normal nor common, but it only made me happier that these things were happening to us so soon, proving how strong our bond is already and how special Willow is.

Speaking of my little angel, I feel Willow shift in my arms and bury her face into my neck, wrapping her arms around me tight. This subconscious act is what female wolves do to their mates, placing their faces right near the area in which they would mark their mate. It was so heartwarming for me as I watched Willow do it, making my alpha wolf proud that she would have that subconscious need to claim me. She's only human, which fuels my excitement ten folds, seeing her develop the instincts of a wolf and the possessiveness of one.

Quite frankly it's a massive turn-on for my wolf and me, and it's making him stir restlessly.

Looking down and seeing her neck so exposed and close to my lips, was making me salivate at the thought of puncturing her porcelain skin and making her mine right there and then. I could do it in a flash, and she wouldn't even know what was happening. It was tempting, but I couldn't do it, I couldn't do that to Willow without talking to her first.

Willow's eyes fluttered open and she shrank into my arms, hating the bright lights in this room. I hated seeing her uncomfortable; even the tiniest wince leaving her lips makes my grip tighten. She stretched her body, and a few clicks were heard from her back, being in the same position against me for so long, I wasn't complaining one bit.

Willow raised her head to face me, a shy smile spreading on her face, but her eyes were still squinting to accommodate the harsh light, it was too much for her. Feeling that burning pain inside me from the bond, I sat up quickly and placed her directly underneath me, so my head was blocking the light from shining down into her eyes. Her head was dangerously resting against my groin, and I had to keep the burning need to claim my mate aside to protect her first, her protection will always be my priority. However, seeing her under me so submissively, stirred the beast within me to claim her innocence and show everyone in this hospital that Willow belongs solely to me.