Chapter 28

Alaric's POV 

With a long exaggerated groan, I throw my napkin aggressively down onto my empty plate and stand up with my jaw clenched, followed shortly by Willow only a lot more graceful and angelic, gently folding her napkin.

I decided not to follow my father bouncing towards the door, seeing zero point introducing myself to the snobby strangers that I didn't want in my house in the first place.

"Come in. Come in! Don't be shy!" Kane exclaimed, acting like a five-year-old meeting their childhood superhero in the flesh. It was honestly embarrassing looking at him; I can't believe this clown was the previous Alpha, no wonder he never showed his face around the pack, a complete joke that I want no association with.

Looking over at my little angel, I couldn't help but deflate at her nervous stance, chewing on the sleeve of her navy blue cardigan with her head bowed in a submissive posture, the nervousness of the situation was catching up to her, and I walked around the table to comfort her.

Except I only managed to walk two steps when my eyes landed on the two humans that stepped through my front door, holding two half-empty packs of beers with wide smiles on their crinkled faces, revealing crooked yellow teeth and sins practically leaking from their pores.

"Everyone, this is Darren and Mary Brown. Darren and Mary, this is Willow and Alaric, my son and his roommate." Kane cheered like the villain he truly is. I growled lowly at his 'roommate' comment, hating any form of disrespect towards my angel. Willow is far from my roommate, she is the light of this house, the reason it's now a home, but that was not the biggest problem in the room.

My eyes zeroed in on the two filthy humans that dared step onto my land, the two very humans that abused my beautiful mate all her life and left her rotting for dead, the two people I have sworn vengeance over ever since Willow let me in her mind, promising execution the moment I find them.

And they have stepped into the lion's den, and there was no escape from me.

After moments of deathly silence, the sick smiles faded off my guest's faces, the look of shock and venom replacing their features at the sight of their daughter standing near me, Jake was ready to kill, and I was unravelling my restraints over him.

Flipping the table without a second thought, I ripped off the carving knife I strapped under the table for good measure, I'm glad it's able to share the spotlight with me tonight, beheading my mate's abusers with one mighty slash.

I had tunnel vision on my targets, with my knife gripped in my right hand I sprinted in their direction, my irises engulfed in darkness and my mouth curved into a sadistic smile, making Mary's eyes enlarge and her wrinkled hand cover her mouth in horror, seemingly frightened for the first time in her life.

I heard distant yells coming my way, tickling my ears but nothing went through to my brain, I was solely focused on ripping Mary's head off first and shoving it on a spike, followed by Darrens, only his death with be a lot more painful and torturous, making up for the eighteen years Willow had to endure, then another eighteen years for full punishment.

Then if he's lucky, I'll kill him.

Mere inches away from Mary's horrified face, I felt two muscled arms halt my movements and yank me back with force, suspending my killing spree and freeing my knife, hearing it clatter to the ground.

"Alaric stop!" I heard Caleb yell, pulling my right arm back as another warrior held back my left, trying to pin me to the ground and away from the scene.

I was snapped out of my dark, vicious thoughts of murder when frantic cries for my mate were heard around the room, making Jake whine in my head, completely changing his plan of action.