Chapter 26

Alaric's POV

Still in my office with the irritating presence of Caleb still fresh in the air, Willow and I are cleaning up my office back to the way it was. Willow insisted on it, and I was very much against her leaving my lap, but she closed off her mind to me, followed by a cheeky smirk, making me cave instantly.

I swear this little angel is becoming more conniving and cheeky as the days pass, her little cage falling at the seams.

As weird as it sounds, I like her standing up to me every now and then, challenging my opinions and standing up for herself, her bravery and confidence growing dramatically from when I first saved her.

As long as she doesn't stand against me too often and it becomes a trend of hers, I will be one satisfied fortunate man.

"Angel, be careful of the glass, I'll get that." I hurried out, grasping her soft little hand in mine, so she doesn't cut her fragile skin, making my heart tare in two at the thought.

Willow nodded her head with a smile and turned towards another corner of the room, papers scattered across the floor like a second carpet, thrown to the ground carelessly from my anger.

I swear that doctor is asking for an execution, insulting my warriors and acting like a drama queen when I've given him the lightest punishment I'm capable of giving, he's walking on thin ice.

I've already given the order to increase the dosage of poison on his chains and food, giving him a little taste of what I'm capable of. This idiot disputed my authority and power, insulting me on the highest level and making my mate uncomfortable, its simply inexcusable and he will get what he deserves one day, making his time here on my land as gruesome as possible.

Since the ba*tard decided to kill two of my guards, I had to up the patrolling on my land and around his cell, forcing me to determine who out of my great expert warriors I would pick to torture them considerably by guarding the idiot, and I chose Dane and Kai.

Dane has been a trusted warrior for many years, proving his loyalty to the pack when he first crossed my land six years ago, wounded from a battle on another pack. I offered him a place here and trained him up to be my personal killing machine, making him fierce in a fight and built like a brick, that pathetic doctor doesn't understand the damage he's done.

Kai was an obvious choice of mine; he needed a suitable punishment for his involvement with my mate, disturbing her trip with Jessie that was only meant for them. I don't feel threatened by Kai in the slightest, but any male attention directed towards my little Willow is unacceptable, I am a possessive man, and I'm not ashamed to make that crystal clear to anyone that tests me.

Guarding that idiot is the perfect punishment for the pup, keeping his close eyes on another idiot that decided to offend me, and knowing that this might be the very place Kai will end up if he defies my orders once more.

If he's a smark kid, he'll know there won't be a next time.

My violent thoughts were interrupted by my office phone, blasting through the speaker loudly, causing my angel to jump in fright from the intrusive sound.

"Don't worry love, it's only the phone; I better get this," I spoke hurridly and kissed her head. I didn't miss the cute blush coating her cheeks, making me smirk at the effect I have over her, effectively awakening the beast inside me to claim my little Willow. Still, I force those thoughts aside and reach for the phone, hopefully, a good distraction to stop myself ripping that little dress from her body.

"Ah, my son."

Well, I did ask for a distraction, even though this is the last person on earth I would want to converse with.