Chapter 34

Amaya

June 11, 2018

I looked around my scenery. My family and I (including Quincey and Kaelah) were at the beach in Destin, Florida. We came after we went to Lousiana to release flower petals at the lake we used to take the kids for Quincey's birthday. I didn't want to let balloons up. I had to treat my family to a trip since I won my court case, and I was having the house remodeled. I was turning Ajarie's room into Armonies room and I was finishing my basement adding two bedrooms down  there for Ajarie and Malani. In addition, a sitting room with a tv and pool table so the teenagers can maybe have another place to chill. All my kids would have their own rooms and I would have my guest room back. I was also remodeling my room and bathroom to become more me.

I closed my eyes to dwell on my thoughts.

I sat in court with my black pencil skirt, white blouse, and black blazer. I had my hair in a low bun. I didn't want the younger kids to be here, but Ajarie, Alizea, and Kaelah were here. Quincey sat with them as well. I was nervous on what the outcomes could be. What if the judge disregards my concerns and sides with Ahmaud or what if our agreement stands.

Ajarie and Alizea were going to testify on whatever they felt like. When I told them about the case and why I wanted to do this they begged me to let them testify. I just told them to speak truthfully and not just on my behalf.

I wiped my sweaty palms on my skirt before standing up to the judge.

"You may be seated" the judge said once he sat down. "Custody hearings can be hasty when it comes to divorced parties. Some things are said that you may never be able to take back. I just ask that everyone who is here today agrees that whatever I decide, it is in the best interest of the children we are advocating for today. I will hear the argument of the plaintiff first" my lawyer nodded standing up to give her opening statements.

"My client Amaya is an all around mother. She works at her own dental office here in town. She is her son, Armon, superwoman. She is her daughter, Armonie, Mama. She is Ava's mommy. She is Alizea's number one fan. She is Ajarie's wisest companion. She is the person who calls Jaiden, punkin." I smiled because her and Ahmaud's lawyer interviewed the kids without us in the room so they can get a clear understanding of the situation. "Needless to say Amaya is simply a woman who wants nothing but the best for her children. She believes that having full custody of her kids is what will be in their best interest and I will fight for that today. Thank you" I let out a breath that I didn't know I was holding when my lawyer sat down. I tuned Ahmaud's lawyer out as I started to let my mind wonder a little.

What will i do if I can't have my kids man ?

"I would like to call Alizea to the stand" my lawyer said. I watched as Alizea walked up the witness stand and swore to tell the truth.

"Now, this isn't like those tv shows you see where people are asking multiple questions. I just want you to tell everyone about your mom and your dad. Anything"

"Well, for starters, my mom and dad are great parents. Things happened where they didn't last together, but I was okay with it. I was tired of them fighting and I just wanted my mom to overall be happy. My mom is my world so you know.. I was okay with it. My mom has been there for me my whole entire life. She has been to every basketball game up to my senior year. She has supported my dreams and ambitions. She will hop on a plane if I need her to be there" I smiled. He turned to the judge that looked kinda confused. "I moved to Louisiana to stay with my god father for my senior year, so I can get more exposure and get an offer from LSU" the judge nodded and he continued talking.