Chapter 13

Amaya

"She get the house and keep her two cars. I keep my car and the kids keep theirs." Ahamud said. We were at my lawyer's office finalizing our separation.

"The joint account will be used for the kids expenses only" I started "Either one of us should have the ability to check and make sure the money is spent on nothing but the kids."

"I agree"

"And who will stay in the house" the lawyer asked.

"She will"

"Who will have the kids primarily?"

"I will, but he can get them on the weekends. Jaiden can also stay in his care."

"Okay well that's all. I'm going to give you a month, Ahmaud, to find you a place to live and we'll take it from there." I stood up from the chair I was sitting in.

"Thanks Mrs. Henderson"

"No problem. Call me if you have any questions" I walked out.

Alizea

"No like deadass Yas" I was on facetime while driving. I just had to see her face instead of regular calling.

"Deadass Zea. Ya moms want to get away for the weekend and me and Monae coming. The twins and Ava going with your dad. They house hunting."

"Oh yeah. My parents are separated." I sighed. I don't know what's been happening since I left but obviously nothing got better and I'm glad that i left before then.

"Yeah. I'm looking forward to spending some time with you. Hopefully we'll have time."

"Yeah. Seriously, but imma text you later. I'm pulling into school."

"Alrighty kiddo. Have a good day"

"You too." I hung up after that.

"Ayo yungin' " This nigga Ricardo said. He some wanna be big time drug dealer in the school. He repping his own gang that all these "hood" boys a part of.

"Yoo" I said grabbing my book bag out the trunk.

"Who that shortie that be riding with you sometimes.?"

"My lil cousin Kae."

"She fine as hell. Put me on"

"She dont date sorry" All the dudes in Kae life overprotective. It's been working for 16 years. I guess I shoulda been like this for Ajarie.

"Man seriously."

"Seriously. I'll fuck wit you later" I said walking off. I walked into the school and went to where i meet up with Kae and QJ.

"Dang what took you so long?" QJ asked.

"I was on the phone with Yasmine and Ricardo stopped me on some bs"

"What bs?" Kae said a lil too perky.

"Talking bout some put you on" I said.

"Well, why you didn't?"

"Why you worried about it Kaelah?" QJ asked obviously going into protective mode.

"Because you know i've liked him since jit days Quincey. and Alizea. Y'all gotta let me grow up make my own mistakes cause that shi not gone ride all my life. Y'all seniors and y'all finna leave so stop worrying about whether I get a boyfriend or not. Damn. If i was ya lil brother, you wouldn't think twice on putting him on a female Quincey." she said and walked away.

She did have a point. We did overprotect her and I can admit it. I don't like seeing those who I love hurt. I don't want my baby cousin getting hurt. Not only will I probably have to beat a nigga ass, my uncle with kill him.