Chapter 32

Amaya

"Anything else you want to tell me. Anything that the opposing side could use against us in court" I was meeting with my lawyer to strategize before we even serve Ahmaud with papers. I had told him of all the recent events that has occured with the kids. I told him about Christmas and Thanksgiving. I told him about Quincey and Alonzo. I told him about Ajarie and her baby and me spending time with them. The only thing I didn't mention is Jalen.

"I cheated months ago with someone from my past. We argued, but sort of made up. Obviously, it did not work resulting in our divorce. Also during that time, I found out that I was seven months pregnant with my last child. At first, I did not want him meaning that finding out that I was seven months pregnant without knowing about it was kind of life changing for me at that time. I couldn't really sleep or eat and that resulted in me going into labor earlier than to be expected. I named him after my ex and I kinda pushed myself away from him, but now I am faithfully in all my children's lives and I regret my past mistakes but I am willing to move forward. I honestly just want the best for my kids"

"I see. That is probably the one big thing that the opposing side will try to use against you, but you have a good case. You have the ability to get full custody of your kids" Ahmaud and I agreed to have joint custody of the kids when we got the divorce. I want full custody and only supervised visits from here on out until he proves that he can be an actual father and successfully co-parent our kids. 

"Okay. Thank you so much Jonathan" I said shaking his hand and getting up. I had to go back to work. I just made this meeting during my lunch break. 

"No problem. I will be in touch after the papers are served" I nodded and thanked him again before leaving the office. I feel good now that action is being taken against Ahmaud. 

Kaelah

I looked at my phone and saw the time say 12:16 a.m. I cursed myself before sitting up slowly, moving Ricky's arm from around my waist. I had dance practice tonight, and afterwards, I told my dad that I was going over to Kiandra's house to watch Quinton. In reality, I came to my boyfriend's house to smoke. 

"Where you going?" he mumbled with his eyes still closed.

"I'm going home. It's 12 in the morning. My dad is going to kill me" I said slipping my shoes on. 

"Alright. I'll see you tomorrow after school" he said opening his eyes. I pecked his lips, but he pulled me down to give me a longer kiss. 

"Chill Rickey" I mumbled before he start something he know we can't finish. 

"Alright ma. Love you. Text me when you make it home" I nodded and walked out his apartment. He moved out his parents house two months ago and he lives in an apartment down the street from our school. I convinced him to slack off on selling drugs because of what happened to my brother. He agreed and he got a side job washing and cleaning cars. 

I got in my car and mentally prepared to deal with whatever my dad was to dish out. I haven't been feeling like myself lately, so I started smoking with Ricardo. He was hesitant at first, but I told him that I've done it before, but not really. We kinda just smoke every other day and chill. I go to dance then I go home. It's my routine. 

I texted Alizea asking him if the alarm was off, but he didn't text back. I understand because it is late. I sighed and started driving home. 

Let's get this over with..

I pulled into the driveway cutting my lights off before putting the car in park. I knew I wasn't about to do any homework, so I left my bookbag in the car. I got out and went to the front door and said a quick prayer that the alarm was off before pushing the door open.