Angelina Jolie wannabe

Waking up to little kids banging on your door or already being in your room is so frustrating and always ruins my mood.
Fortunately, this morning, my dad woke me up with light knocks on the door. When I approached the kitchen I could already smell the food. I like it whenever dad or mom are home because those are the times where the maids actually do their job.

I honestly have no idea where they are at whenever it's just me and the kids.
Sometimes I do put some authorization, which I don't believe is my place. But that's only when I'm going out and parents aren't home, aka almost everyday.

"It's your mom's birthday tomorrow and also Macy's," my dad announces.

Hold on...what?!

No wonder he will be staying for 4 days, including yesterday.
Speaking of yesterday, I'm still mind blown that I went on a date with Eleanor.
Just by thinking of her, it makes my heart beat increase rapidly. Or maybe I'm just about to have a heart attack.

"So...what are we going to be doing?" I ask out of curiosity.

Mom will be turning 35. Macy will be 7, not according to her date of birth but for the date she was adopted. Yeah...Macy was pretty much a literal birthday 'gift.'

"I'll be taking your mom out to eat later on at night but in the meantime, we'll do something for Macy. Carmen, wanted to throw a big party for Macy..." my dad informs me.

I don't hide the fact that I roll my eyes at that last statement. Carmen, aka my mom, is always wanting to throw big parties when it comes to each of our birthdays. I really do appreciate the idea, I just personally hate parties and social events where it all gets awkward.
It's not that I get nervous when talking to people, it's the fact that I'm being judged while doing so.

"Of course she wanted to. So is she going to?" I question.

My dad laughs. "No...I didn't want a party either. I just wanted us together. Just us, the family. I miss being with you guys and it's not everyday when I get to spend time with all of you at once."

I nod, understanding.
It breaks my heart to hear him say that. Especially because I know my mom has been unfaithful to him and he has know clue of it. I can see he is still in love with her.

"I love you, dad, you know that right?" I blurt out.

I can see his eyes glistening a bit. Aww...no.
I didn't mean to make him cry-

He pulls me into a tight hug. "I love you more than you can imagine. Don't ever forget that."

I hug him back. Our embrace breaks when I feel a hand on the back of my leg. I look down to see Caricia smiling up at us.

"Hey you guys!" She greets.

"Hey, kid," both dad and I spoke.

We look at each other and burst out laughing. Suddenly I hear the front door slam shut and then I hear heels tapping on the marble floor.
Mom stands in the doorway in her usual clothing.
Pantsuit, blazer, and everything. Her facial expression screamed, frustration.

"Hi, mi amor! Breakfast is ready!" My dad spoke first.

My mom throws him a small smile. Her mood totally changed.
She has to be faking it. She's such a good actress...
Angelina Jolie wannabe.

"Thank you."

Shortly after, the kids came rushing down but stopped their games when they saw our mom sitting in the table. She had breakfast in front of her but didn't begin eating.
She was waiting for all of us to be present.
Dad was on one side of her and she surprisingly asked me to be on the other side. That being said, I can now look at all the tired faces in front of me.

Afternoonsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें