outside of school

Another day, full of bullshit. How amazing does that sound?
There was a knock on my door. There goes my alarm.

"I'll be down in a minute!" i yell.

The footsteps fade away and i throw my covers to the side. I lazily get out of bed and get ready.
The only motivation for school is seeing Zoe and now that Eleanor is here, then she makes it to the list.
I can't believe we will have to be seeing each other after school, not including the time where we stand outside waiting for our sisters.
Not that I'm complaining. I'm just...nervous.

Yeah, that's the word. I believe.

"Alex..." Macy starts.

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a girlfriend yet?" She asks as she eats her food.

I choke on the apple juice i was drinking.
It's too early to be questioned like this. A girl can never eat in peace.

"No, Macy. Eat or you'll be late and i don't plan on taking you to school," i state.

She nods and continues eating. I shake my head and wash my dishes. In 5 minutes i was out the house headed towards school.

"Choo choo!!" I hear from a distance.

Oh god...

Everyone turned around, including me, to see Zoe pushing everyone out the way. I stood there motionless. She stopped just in time before she could bump into me.

"God dammit, Alexina. You are standing on my tracks," she huffs out.

"I will be standing on your throat if you don't stop playing around. Come on or we will be late for class," i say.

I give her a kiss on the cheek before we continue walking.

"Hey! I'm not one of your siblings. You don't have to be bossing me around."

I forget that i have friends and not just siblings. The responsibility is too much and it has gotten to my head, that i know treat my friends the same way i treat my siblings.

"You're right, sorry-"

"We have 10 minutes anyways."

She grabs my hand and pulls me towards an empty hallway. Not many people cross through here.

"What are you-"

She slaps her hand over my mouth to stop me from talking. I shove her off me but she pushes me against the wall and glares at me.
She brings her pointer finger up to her lips, indicating me to shut up.
I nod and stay silent.

She looks at the hallway where we were at just a few seconds ago and let's out a sigh of relief.

"What the hell, Zoe?" I ask.

"Izzy was there. I didn't want her to see me," Zoe confesses.

"Why not? Yesterday you left me for her," i spit out.

"Hey! Chill. It wasn't even like that. You know i love you too much to leave you for a girl. Anyways I just get too nervous around her."

I stay silent. I know Zoe would never do that. But i don't trust too many people anymore.
It's been too many times where I'm always the last choice.

"I know. I apologize again. But seriously since when have you been nervous around a girl?"

"Since now," she states with seriousness in her voice.

I grab her hand and take her to the main hallway. There is no need to hide. I see Eleanor enter the building and i pull Zoe into the hidden hallway once again.
Nevermind, hiding seems very ideal at the moment.