patience is running out

"Alex!" Jack called out.

I huff and walk towards the living room. Toys we're scattered everywhere. It was a mess and unfortunately I would have to clean it all up.
I look up to see the twins with tears streaming down their cheeks.

"What's going on?" I ask uninterested.

"D-darian," he cries out.

I look at Darian who is on the couch pouting with his arms crossed.

"Whatcha do?" I ask him calmly.

"Jack hit me so i hit back," he responds with a lot of sass in his voice.

I raise an eyebrow at him. I sigh. I mean...i would've hit back too. But i can't tell them that Darian hitting back was fine. So i have to say a big sister line.

"Ok. Jack, you can't be hitting your brother. And Darian, if he hits you again don't hit back just tell me."

Jack sniffs and Darian nods. Jack extends his arms, wanting me to pick him up.
I roll my eyes and pick him up anyways.
They both need a nap. I take Darian's hand and lift him up from the couch. He stands on the couch waiting for me to turn around.
When i do he jumps on my back.

I take them both upstairs to their room.
On the way there i passed Axel's room who's door was open, he was reading again. It's just weird to me.
I passed Macy's room and she was drawing.
Caricia's door was shut. Also weird.

I put both boys on their beds. Jack almost immediately fell asleep. Darian on the other hand was all fussy. It took me 20 minutes, at least, to put him to sleep.
I was finally free from them and i grabbed my jacket and left the house.
I went to our garage and grabbed the keys for the truck.

Everything was set already, all i needed to do was drive around.
I hopped onto the truck and drove out.
This is what i love to do for fun on the weekends. Hand out icecream. It puts smiles on faces and i love it.
And this is how i got know most of the city people.

I make my first stop where their is a couple waiting like usual.

"So how's the job?" Lucio asks as he hand me the money.

"Great. Here's your change."

"See ya!"

I wave goodbye and drive off.
I'm not sure if i should actually go to Eleanor's. I want to but the talk with her dad yesterday kind of scared me.
What if he told her?
She doesn't even feel the same way. I bet. How could she like me?
Just the thought of it made my stomach feel weird. I would like it if she actually did feel something towards me.
But that won't happen.

We are friends. That's it, just friends.

I'm debating on whether or not to go. I told her i would go. I shake my head. Sometimes i cross fingers, right?
I huff and head towards my usual route, skipping the exit towards Eleanor's house.
I'm not ready. Unfortunately on Monday I'll have to face her. Maybe i can skip? Zoe wouldn't allow it.
Fuck!

I honk my horn and hold it for a few seconds before releasing it.
All the boys come rushing out the house.

"Alexina!" They all cheer.

I know I'm supposed to charge them for the ice creams but i don't.
The big smiles that they give me when they receive their icecream is a bigger payment for me.
They have given me so much that this is one of the ways i can repay.
They are the family i haven't had in a long time.

After there i left to go back home. I was still fighting with myself. One voice was telling me to go see Eleanor another one was telling me to stay away.
At this point the feelings wouldn't leave, they will just get stronger if i keep feeding them by going to see her. The only thing i can lose if i make a move with her is a friendship.
And i can't risk that.
So i decided to head home. I'll just have to face her on Monday.