🔥 XXV 🔥

"Fire and water are mortal enemies"

25|A PROMISE WORTH KEEPING

In the village that Arabella grew up by had rules about women in society, they were nothing but objects that their husbands could use to sire heirs. To their fathers, they were objects they can sell for status or money or just wanted to get rid of them. The world was cruel to women and not once did they have anything to say about their lives. They could spend money, sure, but did they chose any of the things they can do. It was always a man who said what they could and could not do, and rarely there was any love.

Love was a foreign to those people, but sometimes the emotion of love did spark in some, yet those people hid it well. Women were often abused, not only by their husbands but also their fathers or brothers or other males. Women often weren't considered human and more of the filth that the man walks on. Yet, the world needs women, they need them to survive and they depend on them for that survival, yet no male seems to be able to see that and continues to abuse the other gender and simply doesn't care for the female.

In Arabella's case, her brother's were different. They cared for her and wanted all the best for her, not once did they raise a hand to her and not once did they raise their voice. She was naturally a kind and well-behaved child, and perhaps that was because she was the future Queen of Hell. Her brothers could never understand how she could have thrived the way she did without a mother figure to guide her the way. They did however protect her form the cruelness in town and the reason why they lived a bit away from it was because they did not want her to get harmed there.

Her whole life, she has always been prepared for everything, she looked at the bright side and fought against anything that came her way. When she was only a seven year old girl, she was kidnapped and somehow she did manage to free herself. Mostly that was because a demon had freed her without her knowledge, yet she felt this confident and courage surge through her and she got out of there and she knew that she could overcome anything, if only she has the willpower and courage and the kindness. However, nothing could ever prepare for what happened next.

She along side Luna stand in front of the door of the room she first woke up in, in this place. It hasn't been that very long since she came there, yet so many things have happened and she can't even remember what day it is and nor has she been keeping track of it. Her life has taken a turn and she's not even sure if it will be the same again. Where with her brothers, her biggest problem and obstacle was the lack of money. She was happy there and even if nothing crazy happened, she held courage in her body.

Luna opens the door of the bedroom and what they saw shocks them both to the core. On the bed, the very same bed that Arabella has slept in and the one she died and came back to life in is Lucifer and his wife, in a intimate moment. The tears that Arabella had promised to not shed are all coming down from her eyes, as they stare at it. The one room she actually felt safe and protected in has been tainted by them and she can't watch this anymore.