🔥 VI 🔥

"The fire that warms us, can also consume us"

6|FIRE MEETS WATER

"Your highness, before we go to the feast. You have to pick the jewels you wish to wear" The girl speaks, she had forgotten all about it. If she had presented the future Queen without them, she would have been thrown into the dungeon and tortured for days and then killed. "Jewels? Is that necessary?" Arabella asks. Not once in her life has she worn jewels, not only are they too expensive but she never wanted to. None can deny that upon looking at them, they are beautiful and there were times that she wished to own some, yet she never could.

She had few necklaces throughout her childhood. Most made out of wood and horse hair, crafted by one of her brothers. "Yes, of course! It's custom for the Royal family to choose whatever they wish to wear. Come!" She replies, still getting used to that the young Queen doesn't know the rules and traditions of this place. With a smile she practically jumps to one of the doors and opens it. Arabella looks inside and she can't believe her own eyes, they fail her completely. Her jaw's at the floor and she can't stop staring. Never has she seen anything like this in her life and she can't believe that she was so close to it this entire time.

Inside is a room that could be bigger than her house about five times, even bigger than this bedroom. Gold necklaces and bracelets and crowns and so many more jewels are on display, on red pillars. Sparkles and glitters catch her eyes and she doesn't know where to look. "Go one, I'll be here. Come back when you've chosen" The honey blonde girl says. Arabella had forgotten her for a few moments. She was so lost in looking at everything. Taking a step inside, her eyes dance around. Trying to look at every single one of the jewels there, as if this is the last time she will ever see them.

The door closes behind her, but she doesn't pay much mind to that. The first pillar that was closest to her, she walks to. She's hesitant and she fears that she shouldn't be around this much beauty, she's unworthy of. Yet, they want her to do this. As much as she feels unworthy, she doesn't have a choice in the matter. For her, it's best to do what these people want, she doesn't want to anger him again.

On the pillar is a golden sparkling necklace. It has a royal blue sapphire shaped like teardrop in the middle with a golden circle tracing the teardrop. On either side of the sapphire are smaller sapphires, also with golden outline like the bigger one. She counts five of them on each side. The bigger one is bigger than her eye ball, and the smaller ones are bigger than her fingernails. That necklace looks so beautiful in her eyes and compared to all the other ones, this one is on the simpler side, and that's what she's into.

Slowly her hand reaches out to take the necklace and as soon as she touches the cold gold, shivers run down her spine. Picking it up, she feels it heavy and she's not sure if she will be able to keep this on her neck without falling down to the ground, neck first. Before she takes the necklace fully off the pillar, she looks around. Trying to spot something that isn't as much as this. These people might be used to things like this, but she's not. Finding none, she picks it up and unhooked the small golden hook.