🔥 XV 🔥

"Let the fire be, it's so beautiful"

15|STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

"A bath has been drawn for you" The blonde maid says after the King had brought the Queen to her room. "Shall I help you undress?" She asks, trying to break Arabella from her thoughts. She doesn't understand how they got back, but does she need to know that? Perhaps it's better that she doesn't know, after the day that she has had. "Yes, thank you" She whispers, not really wanting to speak that much. For some reason, she's longing for being in her savior's arms again, feel his touch on her smooth skin. She doesn't even know why and she feels ashamed for even thinking it.

If any woman were to hear her thoughts, they would scold her for thinking this way about a man that she isn't married to or is courting her. It's not allowed. The girl should only like the man that is courting her and will eventually be married to. And he is not that man. That one thought breaks her heart more than it has ever been broken. Which is rather odd since she felt her heart break when she got taken away from her brothers and that hurt more than anything else, except now.

Helping the poor girl undress from her dirtied dress, the blonde girl looks closely at the one she serves and she does notice a change in her, something that wasn't there before. However, she can't put her finger on what it is, but the future Queen has changed in some way. Perhaps it's the fear, perhaps it's something else, something more. She helps her into the bathtub, then leaves for a bit, to give the girl some privacy on her bath. Before she has to wash her body and help her dress in her night gown and get to bed.

The water is steaming and hot, yet she doesn't feel the heat, yet she feels it. It's a weird experience, but after the day she had, she doesn't mind it all. The water feels soothing to her and calms down her nerves. The bathtub is twice her size, something she's not used to, as the bathtub in her old home was a barrel, that you have to stand in and bath that way, this way a bit different and she's not used to it, but can't say that she doesn't like it. She likes to have some time where she can relax and empty her mind is what she needs.

Forgetting all about everything that has been happening is what was needed for the girl. The last few days have been chaos for her, which never happens in a normal fifteen years old girl's life. Not once has she heard stories about places like these, it makes her believe that she is somewhere far, far away and the girl realizes that there might not be away for her to go back to her brothers, though she will not stop. Taking a deep breath, she reminds herself that she is taking a bath, and should be relaxing, while she can.

She doesn't know what will come next in her life and what crazy event would take place next. And taking a break from craziness for even just a few minutes, is good for the girl that has been through too much. With her eyes closed, she allows herself to empty her mind and just relax. Not thinking anything, not feeling anything. Just relaxing and doing nothing. The water guiding her into relaxation that helps her forget everything more easily. The next few minutes are just for her and her alone, with no worries.