Mason

Chapter 13

_~Drakes POV~_

Wow Megan really? Out of all the guys you decide to run off and choose him?! Mason Corleone, my ex-best friend. We were best friends for 10 damn years, till he started dating the girl I liked in 8th grade. What kind of friend does that? He knew I liked her but he still went after her. And now he's after Megan, nope never going to happen. I'd rather slam my hand in a car door then see them actually dating.

Okay yeah maybe I am the one who cut off our little relationship we had going on, but I do still like her, and I refuse to see her with him. He's horrible for Megan and she doesn't even know it, the girl he took from me in 8th grade was cheated on by him that same month. Then she ran to me and I rejected her. He's so sweet and charming with girls too, he captures them in his spell then just breaks them off at any second and I refuse to let him hurt Megan.

I took a seat a not too far from them but close enough to hear their conversation. "So Megan what kind of music do you like?" he asked her. Chris Brown and other R&B artist of course I said in my head. "Well I like R&B a lot and Chris Brown is one of my favorites." she answered. Knew it.

"Cool I like Chris Brown too." he said. That motherfucker! He hates Chris Brown and I know that as a fact. "Really? What's your favorite song?" she asked amused. "Um, Look at me now." he answered. He's such a damn liar. "Oh I love that song, do you play any sports?" she asked. "Yeah, I play Soccer." he smiled. Megan likes basketball players like me so hah! I smirked to myself.

"That's cool, do you play for the school?" she asked. "Yep, I missed practice today for detention." Another lie, there isn't soccer practice today, it's never on Wednesdays. "Oh you missed practice just to be stuck in detention with me?" she asked feeling bad. Ugh Megan you're really believing this idiot? "Yeah but it's okay because I'd much rather be here with you. " he smiled brightly at her. Oh my God somebody slam my hand in a car door already.

"You're really sweet Mason." she blushed. I've made her blush more times than him. He whispered into her ear, and she giggled, blushed, then hit him softly on the shoulder "Mason stop." she giggled. Somebody kill me now please.

Soon the detention bell had rung and everyone left the classroom. I followed behind Megan and Mason. He was holding her by her waist, "Do you need a ride?" I heard him ask her. "Um yeah actually I didn't bring my car."

"Megan let's go, I'll give you a ride." I told her. "Nah it's alright I got her." Mason glared at me. "We're neighbors so might as well." I smirked at him. "C'mon Meg." She sighed knowing I won't take no as an answer. "I'll call you when I get home Mason." She said giving him a hug. He hugged her back, "K I'll talk to you later then." he smiled at her.

She followed me to my car and we got in. "Why did you give me a ride? Aren't we not talking?" she asked. "Yeah but I wasn't gonna let you go with him." I replied. "Drake look I'm sorry for what I said earlier, but that's how I felt." she said. "Yeah I make it seem that way don't I? But I don't wanna talk about that right now."

"Ok." she said staying silent. "So when did you and him start?" I asked her. "Oh so that's what you wanna talk about? We aren't together we just met today." she answered. "And you were gonna drive with him?!"

"Yes." she said quietly. I sighed as I pulled up to near her house knowing I'm still not allowed to be near her. "Thanks Drake, bye." she got out of the car and walked to her house while I drove the other direction and came through a different route to my house just so her parents don't see me.

I parked my car and walked into my house. "Drakey!" my sister squealed as I walked in. "Hey Crystal, how was your day?" I asked as I picked her up. "It was great, I hwave a boyfriend  now too!" she said excited. I paused and turned to face her slowly. "A boyfriend? What's his name?" I asked. "Matthew, he kissed my hand today!" she said excitedly. No way in hell was my five year old sister gonna have a boyfriend!

"Oh when am I gonna meet him?" I asked her. "I didn't know you wanted to meet him." she said. "I have to, it's not official for you to have a boyfriend if I don't meet him. That's the rule for boyfriends all your life."

"Oh, then you can meet him tomorrow!" she said clapping her hands. "Okay. Now I gotta go do my homework okay?" I asked her. "Okay." she said getting off my lap and going back to her toys.

I headed up the stairs into my room I looked out my window to see Megan's window not boarded up all the way anymore. It's only boarded up enough for me to not be able to sneak in but enough for air. Suddenly my phone buzzed and I looked at it.

Unknown: hey sexy it's Erica from Math wanna come over?

Erica, I heard she had herpes so I'll pass. I just deleted the text and started playing on my phone. "Hey Mason." I heard Megan's voice say. I looked toward the window and could hear her talking. "Just doing homework." she said again. I wish I could hear the shit he's saying.

"Yeah he's my neighbor you know him?" she asked. Yeah he does, too well. It was obvious they were talking about me. After a few minutes I stopped listening because it started sounding boring. "So where's the date gonna be at?" she asked. That caught my attention. But sadly I didn't here the location.

So Megan's going on a date with him too? I guess I'll just follow her.

3 days later

••(Megan's POV)••

It's finally Saturday my date is today! The past few days I've been with hanging out with Mason. My parents thankfully decided to unground me since I've been behaving (they don't know about the detention). Mason said our date was a surprise and it was gonna be special. He told me where to go and what to wear. He changed the time to 7:30. I was told to dress causally formal or something, just not too fancy.

I wore the same dress I wore when Drake came over to dinner. I wore a bit of makeup and was ready by 7:20. I have 10 minutes to get to the location he sent me. I headed downstairs, my parents weren't even home so I didn't have to worry about them. I just had to worry about passing Shawn, just get to the door quietly.

"Where ya going Meg?" Shawn asked as I reached the door. Dang it. "Um I'm just going out with some friends." I replied. "Oh really? In a dress?" he asked not believing me. "Yep Danielle and I are going to a fair..where you wear dresses."

"Mhm sure, I'll just let you go out. But don't have sex k?" Shawn smirked. I gasped, "Shut up!" He laughed, "And tell Drake I said hi." I paused, "Um ok." He thinks I'm going out with Drake, interesting.

I drove to the address Mason gave me, once I arrived there I found out it was a beach. I saw Mason waiting for me near a sign and walked over to him. "Hey." I smiled. "Hey ready for the date?"

"Yep lead the way." He grabbed my hand gently as we started to walk across the beach. I blushed at his action. Suddenly we stopped at a spot on the sand with a picnic blanket and a basket. "A picnic on the beach huh?" I asked. "Yep, a bit cliché but I thought you might've liked it."

"It's sweet, thank you." I said genuinely. "You're welcome, should we eat?" I nodded and we started to eat. The food were the typical picnic on the beach foods. We talked the little things, the big things, and just got to know each other.

Soon the date was over and Mason was walking me to my car. "I had fun tonight." I told him. He smiled, "So did I, thanks for agreeing to go out with me."

"My pleasure." I replied. "So I guess I'll see you later?" he asked. "I'll text you tonight." He smirked. "Alright then. Um goodnight?" he asked nervously. Aw he's nervous.

"Goodnight Mason." I said about to walk away when he caught my hand. "Um one more thing." he said before leaning in and kissing me. I kept my eyes open at the suddenness of the kiss, but closed my eyes after a few seconds. I couldn't help but compare it to Drakes kisses. Drakes were usually more dominant and demanding while Masons were gentle and slow. But I need to stop thinking about him, whatever we had is over.

We pulled away with a wide smile on our faces. "Wow um goodnight Megan." Mason said breathlessly. I smiled, "Goodnight Mason." I headed to my car and turned back to see Mason watching me leave. I blushed and waved.

I got home with a smile on my face making Shawn suspicious. "Why you so happy baby sis?" He asked crossing his arms. "Had a fun night with Danielle. That's all."

"Mhm anyway I'm going to bed. Goodnight." he said going upstairs. "Goodnight." I waved to him. I grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and headed to my bedroom. When I walked in it was dark, but when I turned on the lights, "Drake?!"