Deals

Chapter 22

Drakes POV

I sit down on the bed after talking to Megan. Why is she so okay with this deal with Damien? Does she still like him? I don't feel too comfortable with this at all. I'll talk to her about this at school tomorrow.

The next morning comes and I'm up right away. I get ready for school and hop onto my bike. When I arrive at school I see Megan at her locker, talking to Damien. I grit my teeth and head over there. "Hey babe." I say grabbing her from behind and smothering her with kisses. She giggles, "Drake stop it!"

I give her one last peck and glare at Damien. He smirks at me and then looks at Megan. "So 7?" He asks. She nods her head and he walks away. "What's at 7?" I ask.

"Our date." She smiles. "You're going on a date with Damien?!"

She rolls her eyes, "With you remember?"

"Why are you so okay with this deal with Damien? Is there something else going on?" I ask. She scoffs, "Excuse me?"

I groan, "Babe that's not what I meant, I meant is there more to this than what I know?"

"No obviously not, I'm just trying to go out with you freely and please my dad at the same time."

"But why do you trust his guy so much, he could be playing you, or actually both of us."

"Drake you are way too paranoid, what could he do?" She asks with a hand on her hip.

"Well for starters now he knows where our dates will be, he could call your dad over while we're on our date."

"Drake you're thinking way too into this. Look I have to get to class we'll talk later." She says as she begins to walk away. I grab her arm to stop her, "You're right I'm being paranoid, I'll see you at 7." She smiles and pecks my cheek before walking away.

•••••

By the time it hit 7 o'clock I was at the roller ring waiting for Megan. I spot her as she comes in with Damien, she notices me and rushes right over to me. "Hey." She smiles giving me a peck. "Hey beautiful, ready for our date?"

She nods as I take her hand and lead us to get skates. We put on our shoes and skate around the roller ring. We later grab a bite to eat at the food court. The date ends around 9 and I bring her back over to Damien, but not before giving her a long kiss on the lips.

"Alright, alright, she has a curfew remember?" Damien interrupts. We break away and I smirk at Damien, "I'll call you." She nods and waves as they leave.

When I get home, I hear commotion next door. "Uh oh." I say aloud. I had a feeling something was going on, Damien's car is in the driveway still. Suddenly the door opens and Megan's father stomps out and points over at me, "You!"

I smile widely, "Yes sir?" He motions for me to come inside the house and I follow. "You're still dating my daughter after I forbid it?!" He asks. I shrug and his face gets red. He brings out a folder and shows me pictures of Megan and I kissing at school, skating in the roller rink, and talking outside of class. "Wanna know where I got these from?" He asks. I shrug again, "Thanks again Damien." Megan's dad says as Damien walks past the living room with a wad of cash in his hands. "No problem Mr.N." he winks.

I glare at Damien, that little weasel. "You are forbidden from seeing my daughter. Do not mess with me boy."

"Or what?" I ask.

"You don't want to know. Look how about I make a deal with you. You stay away from my daughter. And I won't release this to all your friends at school." He says pulling out a document.

I scoff, "And what's that?"

"I bet nobody here knows about your record. What does it say here? Suspicion of murder?"

My body goes still, Annabelle. Her memory haunts me till this day.

I glare at him, "I had nothing to do with that."

"Then why'd you run?" He asks. I growl, "Fine, deal."

"I knew you would play along. Now out."

"Let me at least say good bye to her."

"No, my daughter can do much better than a murderer. Now out!!"

I glare back at him before walking out, it's better this way. It's better for her not to find out, if she did she wouldn't look at me the same, she wouldn't hear me out, she wouldn't understand. They didn't understand, nobody understands.

•••••

Sorry it's so late and short but it's finals week right now and I'm drowning in my studies lol. But special shoutout to @his_wife_ for forcing me to update and giving me ideas.