chapter FORTY NINE

A/n ik y'all hate a/n as much as I do so I'm gonna try to keep this short.

I'm a student. And school work consumes most of my days. So whenever I get time, I usually write.

Tbh this book was never planned to get noticed ;-; I just wanna apologise for slow updatesss!!!!!!

I'll update on weekends. Sometimes I might not, because as I said, I'm a student. Please understand, and thanks a lot for sticking to this book! Never let go :)

(Turns out the A/N is long) 😔

"You belong to me." 

His large hands grip her thin fragile wrists rather harshly and pins her frame to the wall. So rough, yet so gentle around her soft skin. He didn't want to hurt her. But he's in such a condition that neither him nor the world can stop his jealousy from reaching the height of insanity.

"Y-You're hurting me, Grey." Rose whimpers. 

"Good." He says.

"Lucas--" Connor furrowed his eyebrows at his bestfriend. He noticed.. Lucas had been on his phone since they entered the library because the class was declared free. Everything about this situation suddenly seemed to be wrong. "Why are you flushing?"

Lucas shot his head up from his phone's screen and looked at the Irish boy.

"W-what?" He questioned.

"What are you watching?"

"What am I watching?" he let out a nervous chuckle.

"I'm not stupid, mate. You can show me whatever you are watching." a smug smile tug onto Connor's lips to which the other had to cringe hardcore. Connor might have been geeky and science addicted nerd since birth but he has a fun side to him.

He's Irish and he's proud. And yeah, he's everything that Lucas isn't.

"Why would you think I'm watching something... like that?"

"Your face says so." he shrugged. "I'm disappointed that you're not doing it with your best friend though. I mean, shouldn't we watch it together?"

"Gross." Lucas choked. "I'm watching nothing. I swear, and I don't intend to do so."

"Then tell me what--"

"Im going to collect few more books." Lucas quietly mumbled and slipped his phone into his pocket and stood up.

He would do anything to leave this situation right here right now and never be questioned about it again because damn, what would he answer? He was just desperate.

He walked behind few shelves of books and to the corner of the room where he knew no one would actually be around. Even so, he just looked around to make sure. Then he sat down criss cross while leaning on one of the walls and pulled out his phone..

Lucas was just desperate to read that book he found on Wattpad. 

Goddamn was it a killer book. He was addicted to it, and now there was no going back.
____

The last class ended with Lucas sneakily reading the fiction on his phone during the class too. He was thankful that he didn't get caught though.

It was just too good not to read such a fiction. Grey was such a dominant while Rose was such a clumsy person. He had anger issues, and she was just too scared to even speak up for herself. 

Grey screamed 'badboy' and Rose screamed 'goodgirl'.

He shrugged at the familiar feeling..

The day went well, Except for the fact that when he walked out the class room, a hand slipped into his, taking a hold of it so gently. His gaze fell on the ring covered fingers to the leather covered arm.

Lost in thought of touch, he never realised that the person was dragging him to the exit until he tripped on his own shoes.

He gasped loudly and harshly pulled his hand out of the grip.

"What do you think you are doing?!" He shrieked, retrieving himself to a state of sense.

"Taking you on a date." Claire simply stated.

Lucas' jaw dropped slightly at the statement. 

"You didn't ask me." 

Even though he was in denial, he really wanted to see what Claire had planned for the date. But then again, he can't trust her.

He didn't know why, don't ask, he's confused himself.

"I don't need to." She shrugged. "You're mine and no one else can take you on a date other than me."

"What if they do? What if I wanted to go with them and not you?"

They'll die if they do.  

Lucas watched Claire's face turning emotionless at the words leaving his mouth. A minute after just standing there, Claire decided to break the annoying silence on her own.

"Okay, fine." She sighed. In the end of the day, she had to do it. She sighed internally before speaking up again. "Will you go out with me?"

"Oh." Lucas' frown deepened. 

Did he really want to go? Is that how he's supposed to answer?

Maybe he trailed off taking a bit too much time because now Claire was rolling her eyes at him.

"You know what, it doesn't matter." She sighed in annoyance before taking his hand again. "You're going and that's that." 

"What--"

"Shut up."

Few minutes passed.

"We're walking." Claire declared, once they reached the school gates. 

"Oh." Lucas bit his lip in nervousness.

He didn't mind whatever was happening right now, but what triggered him the most is that this was his first date.. and turns out Claire was slowly becoming his first everything.

It scared Lucas.

Suddenly, Claire was turning around to face the boy who looked like he would pee in his pants at any moment.

"Look," She started. "I am not a planner. I don't like cheesy dates or romantic ones."

"O-Oh okay..?"

He was so unsure about this whole thing. What if he gets caught by his parents who think he's just studying? But one date with the infamous Claire Cooper wouldn't hurt now, would it?

"So this date might suck but don't expect it to be the last."

His insides twisted into a knot of nerves.

His eyes flickered to her lips where.. for the first time, he saw an actual smile slightly ghosting over that soft skin of hers.

The smile was so contagious that his own lips twitched.

It isn't that bad now, is it?