Chapter 16: Be Kind

Chapter 16 - Be Kind

Playlist for this chapter if you really want it to hit 🤭 After all, this story was inspired by this song:

- Be Kind by Halsey, Marshmello (I personally love both the normal and "Stripped" version, I recommend listening to both!)

--

When you arrive at the HQ, you're greeted by some of your recruits, worried yet relieved. Word of your disappearance has spread to your other friends in the 104th Cadet Corps and the other Scouts.

Erwin simply informed them that there was a misunderstanding with the MPs and you had been wrongly suspected of a minor problem, leaving the explanation vague yet still logical. Mario and Levi then hurried you to the medical ward for treatment. Luckily, your injuries weren't too bad and you're discharged after a few hours.

You trudge out of the ladies' common shower, feeling warm and clean. A hot refreshing shower was exactly what you needed after spending nearly two days without a bath and in that dirty cell.

You slip on your bra and underwear, and on top of that, a white tank top and a pair of comfortable navy blue shorts, ready to slip into your comfy bed sheets. You dry your hair with a towel and leave it hanging on your shoulders. You leave the common shower in a daze and walk back to your room, feeling sleepy and exhausted from today's events.

As you're about to turn the corner to your bedroom, you noticed someone standing in front of your bedroom. Black hair, undercut, short, handsome face. You froze.

Oh.

You wondered just what you could've done in your past life that landed you right at this moment, standing in front of Captain Levi while you're in a low-cut tank top and a pair of skimpy shorts. Your eyes widen. Levi drops the white box he was holding.

"What.." you managed to croak out, "are you doing here?"

"I was—" Levi gapes and he struggles to form coherent words, clearly not expecting to see you turn the corner in such an outfit. He's wearing a casual, grey long-sleeved blouse and black slacks, but it's much more proper than your scanty tank top and shorts.

"I was going to give you your medicine, you left it in the medical ward," Levi bends down to pick up the white box he had dropped and hands it to you. You walked towards him to get a closer look. It's ointment for your bruises and bandages for your forehead.

"Thanks," you said and took the box from him. You're standing right in front of him now and for a split second, you catch his eyes accidentally darting down to your chest and then back up. You suddenly feel self-conscious about your low-cut tank top but you pretend you didn't see that.

"Don't go walking around the HQ like that," Levi suddenly spurts out, his face reddening, unused to seeing you in nightwear.

"I just showered," you rolled your eyes.

Before Levi could croak out a response, you suddenly heard footsteps approaching. You looked at Levi and mentally assessed the situation. It's 1 am. Captain Levi is standing in front of your bedroom and you're dressed in nothing but a skimpy tank top and awfully short shorts. He's holding something to give you and you're both red with embarrassment after encountering each other like this.

Realising how easily this situation could be misunderstood, you did the only logical thing to do.

You grabbed Levi by the hand, yanked your bedroom door open, and dragged him inside the room with you.

You shut the door behind you, heart pumping with adrenaline. You glanced at Levi who looked mortified. You looked at him, and he looked at you.

You're hiding Captain Levi inside your bedroom at 1 am. Fuck.