Chapter 44: Everyone's Drunk on Something

Author's Note:
Just wanted to say that Kenny's quote about how everyone he's met was the same way, they couldn't keep going unless they were drunk on something, a slave to their purpose, is probably my favorite<3. I was debating on including the scene between Levi & Kenny but I have nothing to add to it.

"And you brought your girlfriend. How lovely." Kenny added before turning to you. "She's sneaky, Levi. I trusted her and look at me now." He choked up on the last words.

"Your whole team got wiped out, are you the only one left?" Levi asked, towering over the man.

"Looks that way..."

Levi doesn't take his eyes off of Kenny.
"I'm fine on my own, report back." He ordered you.

"Yes sir."
In this moment, you allow yourself to be submissive to him.

You ride back to Erwin and he tells you that Historia's coronation is going to be held tomorrow in Mitras, so the regiment will be staying at an Inn next to the capital. You grin with excitement, and happily board a carriage with soldiers that you don't know, but have seen in passing, and quickly fall asleep.
You wake up to gentle tapping from the woman next to you, and spring up, following them into the large castle-like building.
The magnificent architecture is nothing like you've ever seen before, it is by far the most luxurious place you've ever been in.
When you check in, a woman assigns you a room key, and asks for your size. Although confused, you give it to her and she hands over a bag for you, she explains how they're donated items because you are expected to be presentable at tomorrows coronation. It seems that the Scout Regiment has officially won over the hearts of the citizens, even the nobles who were once so critical.

Your room is spectacular, but you're too tired to really inspect it now. It's such a shame though, the place is exceptionally kept. Your favorite part has to be the massive tub in the bathroom. There's even a separate shower for you to rinse off in, and that's what you choose to cleanse yourself right now, too exhausted to do much more. You carefully avoid all mirrors and hop into that shower, using all the expensive soaps lined up, cleansing your body of everything. Although it's only 2pm, you can no longer wait, so you drag your body towards the bed and immediately fall asleep.

2am the next morning:
You stir from your sleep, your eyelids fluttering open to reveal nothing but darkness. Your mouth is extremely dry and your stomach growls so loud, the hunger becomes painful. As you reach out, your fingers brush against something cold and metallic, you try to see if there's anything you can use to ignite a flame with and come across a knob, gently turning it. The room is instantly bathed in a soft, warm light and you blink as your eyes sting from the sudden brightness. You look at the foreign contraption, impressed by the amount of light produced and get out of your bed, searching the bag gifted to you for some kind of sleepwear. All that's there, other than formal attire is a long satin robe, along with slippers, it's honestly quite thoughtful of whoever donated this to include something to rest in. Your nose is greeted by a delightful aroma as you wrap it around your body. You quickly freshen up before heading down the stairs and into the lobby, greeted by a single woman at the desk, a different one from before.

"Hello, what may I help you with, my lady?"

My lady? I mean, we'll take it.

"I'm looking for some food... and beverages."

"Ah, I'm sorry, the kitchen is closed. However, you're welcome to visit the dining hall for refreshments. It's down the hall and to your left."

Your eyes light up and you thank the woman, quickening your pace towards the dining hall. You enter and lone behold, it's empty except for one familiar face in the corner. He eyes you as he sips his tea, and you shoot him a smile from the door frame. Your eyes scan the room, looking towards the table of produce and quickly gather enough fruit to fulfill you, along with some water, and happily waltz over to where Levi is sitting.