Chapter 31: TW

TW: physical angst !¡Scroll Down!¡
(whole chapter pretty much) skip this chapter if you'd like.

Suddenly you're woken up by hands on your body, turning you around to lay on your stomach. You feel them still, all the medicine did was make you sleepy. You begin to panic, tucking your arms inward when Levi grabs your head, holding it still.

"(Y/N), look at me. I'm going to be right here with you the whole time, okay?"

Tears roll down your face, across your nose and onto the table as they continue to strap you down, securing your neck, arms, legs and hips. You can't help the cries that escape your mouth as you realize that the process is officially starting. Levi pets your head softly as he stares intently into your eyes as the doctor begins.

"I'm going to need your cooperation for this to work, okay? It can be really dangerous unless you do exactly what I ask, otherwise it's a very safe and simple procedure."

He pulls the gown apart, exposing your entire backside to the cold and your shivering worsens.

"It's important that you stay very still throughout the process. I'm going to tell you to exhale, make sure all the air is out. I will confirm with you. Do not breathe in until I tell you to. It may be difficult to inhale the first try, but it's imperative that you do not panic. You will be able to inhale on the 2nd attempt. Within 5 minutes, we should be long finished, alright?"

You agree, and put all your focus into regulating your breathing. The medicine does help you to do that, you have to remind yourself to breath, otherwise your body won't naturally do it. That explains why it's so dangerous.

"Now exhale." The doctor tells you.

You slowly release the air from your lungs as you feel his fingers poking around your tender backside.

"Wait!" You sharply inhale

"(Y/N), I'm right here, look at me. Breathe."

You begin to exhale the remainder of the air from your lungs, you can't draw this out any further

"All the air is out?" He steadies his fingers above the pain on your back when you reply

"Yes."
Everything seems to be moving so fast around you, until you're taken out of your high by the loud crunch from your backside.

Nothing could have braced you for the torment that awaited. It was as if an unseen force had plunged through your flesh, bypassing any notion of an incision, and savagely tore your lungs from your chest. The most horrifying part was the absolute silence; no scream could pierce the air, for you were utterly devoid of breath. The world plunged into a deafening void as you convulsed in sheer agony, feeling every motion as your ribs were wrenched beneath your skin. Each fiber tore with a visceral rip, as he cruelly manipulated bone into place, every movement an agonizing crescendo of unbearable pain.

"(Y/N)! Look at me, look at me (Y/N)!"

Levi's voice brings you back and you're able to make out his face, although you're starting to see black spots in your vision from the intense pain. That's when you start to feel it, the burning for oxygen.

"Now inhale." The doctor instructs you, and like he said, you're unable to breathe.

"Do not panic, take another breath in."

"(Y/N), breathe. Look at me, look at me, breathe."

There's nothing you can do, your lungs aren't listening to you.

"Do not panic, try to take a deep breath." One of the nurses instructs you.

But you can't. They're not working. The pain in your back and chest turns into a whole new sensation, now accompanied by burning, and the horrific sensation of choking. It's progress past the point of being uncomfortable, you begin to feel lightheaded as Levi's words begin drowning out