Chapter 20

EPILOGUE

6 Years Later

Lincoln

There is nothing sexier than watching my wife waddle around our kitchen. We now live in a sprawling property as we were rapidly filling up the space I had in our old home. We decorated our new home very similarly as we both loved the vibe we had there. Of course, Steph tweaked some colours and layouts, but our home is now perfect. My hands wrap around her belly as I mould myself to her back.

"How is my little man doing in here, princess?" I kiss her neck as she shivers against me and moans.

"Mmm... He's good. He’s kicking the bejesus out of me today, though."

"He's almost ready to come out. There must be no room in there for him now. Do you think we have time to slip away unnoticed?" She shifts in my arms and rubs my chest.

"What did you have in mind, handsome?"

"A little mummy daddy time. How does that sound?"

"Mmm..." Steph moans. "Sounds like bliss.

"MUM! DAD! Can you tell the twins to leave me alone!" Our five year old child shouts.

"What are they up to now, Beckett?" Steph sighs.

"Sophia and Gabriella keep wrecking my Lego's mum!"

Just then, my beautiful, terrifying twin girls come barrelling into the kitchen. They're 2 1/2 years old going on twenty. I swear I saw a grey hair the other day, and it would be because of them. They are little spitfires. They have me completely wrapped around their fingers and are complete daddy's girls. Beck favours his mother, but he looks like my carbon copy.

"Daddy! Daddy! Beck won't play with us. He's not sharing!" Gabi stomps her foot.

"Yeah!" Soph adds, nodding along to her more dominant sister.

"Mum!" Beck argues. "I gave them some to play with. All I want is to build my stuff without the girls destroying it. I'm being fair!"

He definitely is telling the truth. Although the girls drive him crazy, he loves them fiercely. He's the first one to defend them when we're at the park and always plays whatever games they come up with. We're probably all a little guilty for spoiling them so much.

"Girls..." Steph gets that mum voice that has them hopping from foot to foot. She just stares them down until they cave and burst into tears. They hug their brother quickly.

"We're sorry, BB. We won't do it again!" BB... Beckett Byron Townsend. The girls loved calling him that. Plus, they made it sound like baby, so we thought it was adorable.

"Aww! Don't go and cry all over me. I'll be covered in your snot and boogers girls." He winks at his mum. "Gross!" He mutters playfully. Their sobs turn to giggles, and another crisis is averted.

"I'm hungry, mummy," Sophia whines.

"Okay, my little munchkins. I'll get lunch ready."

"Princess, let me." The girls giggle at my pet name for their mum, and Beck pretends to gag. But they're all smiling as they take a seat at the table. I quickly make them their favourite sandwiches and cut up some block cheese on the side. They love it.

I place their food down on the table and look over to see Steph with her hands over her heart.

"I love you," she whispers.

"I love you too." Her smile widens as I cross the kitchen and take her in my arms. I press my lips to hers, pouring all my love and affection into our kiss. We both watch our children finish their lunch, and I sigh. "Thank you for being a great wife, the most loving mother, and my best friend. I love our crazy life."