Chapter 6

Lincoln

It is getting harder and harder being around Steph without really touching her. I recognise her scent everywhere throughout our place, and it's driving me crazy. I don't quite understand this new urge that I have, but I can't stop it, even if I wish to. My body has a mind of its own. I'm now relieving myself several times a day like I did when I was a bloody teenager. This is getting ridiculous.

We've lived together a few weeks now, and our engagement party is fast approaching. True to my word, I announced our engagement the day after dinner with my parents. I know Steph has questions as to why I acted the way I did with my father, and we promised to talk after work today. Both of us agreed that we still had things to share if we were going to spend all this time together.

Our friendship depends on full disclosure. We've never had to go too deep if we didn't want to before, because it wouldn't impact our friendship, but not anymore. We are engaged, fake or not, and we couldn't have anything come between us, or this thing wouldn't work, and I would be left where I started. No fiancé, no company, no promotion. What was all this for, if not for that?

Approaching the end of the day, I decided to leave an hour early so I could spend more time with Steph. I have completed all my work, so for once, I thought, why not? I buzzed my assistant Wendy, and she entered my office with a smile. Wendy was a short-statured woman with a severe blonde bob that suited her face, and I would be lost without her. She was highly efficient at her job, which made my days go easier.

"Yes, sir?"

"I'll be leaving for the day, Wendy, so you can log off as well. Have some extra time to yourself, you work too hard."

"But you never leave early!"

I smile at her shock. "I know, but I want to see my fiancé a little early."

"Oh, it's like that." I'm a little flummoxed by her curt response, but I shrug it off. Maybe she is tired?

"Yes, well... Have a good evening."

"You too, sir." Wendy spins around and rushes back to her desk. Weird.

When I arrive home, I head into the kitchen to prepare dinner for Steph. She works crazy hard, and I want to do something nice for her. She feeds me regularly, and whilst I enjoy it immensely, I don't want to take her for granted. Before she moved in, I rarely had a cooked breakfast, especially on weekends when I had time. I honestly couldn't be bothered to make the effort. I've amped up my workouts in the gym to compensate for the extra food intake.

I can't be getting a dad, bod. Nope, not me. I marinate the steak and leave it to soak in while I work on chopping the vegies, a mix of sweet potato, carrot, and parsnip. Once that's all done, I drizzle a bit of garlic seasoned olive oil and throw on some mixed herbs, and bake it in the oven. Leaving it to do its thing, I go take a shower and get out of my suit.

As has become my new norm, I think about Steph in that sexy red dress as I stroke myself. It's erotic and feels so fucking good. I wonder what she would think about all the tugging I do over her? Probably disgusted. Most women are, or they pretend to be at least. What I really want to know though...does she touch herself thinking of me like I'm constantly thinking of her? That new image inspires me to blow so freaking hard that I have to lean against the wall so I can remain standing. Holy hell!

I throw on some black sport shorts with a white tee, pad out to the kitchen, and grab a beer. Taking my first sip, I hear the front door open. Steph is home!

"Mmm! Something smells delicious." She comes in to view, and I grin.

"That would be me...fresh out of the shower," I jest.