Chapter 19

Stephanie

Well, that was a little crazy. I can still see the look of horror on Glenda's face as she was escorted from the room. How sad do you have to be to sabotage your own son's wedding! I knew she hated me, but it's a new level of low, even for her. I'm so grateful for the repaired relationship between Linc and his dad. He went straight to him for help, and I couldn't be more proud of them both.

Our guests made their way to the reception whilst the wedding party took photos. Linc only had his dad, but he didn't let it get to him. He would have a reminder of his mother's betrayal for the rest of his life. We got an update on Wendy and Glenda just before we made it to the reception. They were being held in custody while the police investigated the allegations. So that was that, for now.

Nikki and Jason were huddled together, giggling as we all walked into our reception to cheering and clapping. No matter the drama of the day, I was determined to enjoy this day to the fullest. After all, I didn't go to all those meetings about the menu, the cake, and the decorations for the reception, not to enjoy it.

Linc's hand never left mine as we ate, laughed, and danced our night away. I chose the wedding dance song this time. It's short and sweet, but it says everything I needed it to. How long would I love you by Ellie Goulding.

How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer if I can
How long will I need you?
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan

How long will I be with you?
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash upon the sand
How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to
And longer by far

How long will I hold you?
As long as your father told you
As long as you can
How long will I give to you?
As long as I live through you
However long you say
How long will I love you?

As long as stars are above you
And longer if I may
How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you

The way his eyes shone with love for me was everything. Yes, this was our second wedding, but it still felt brand new. All the feelings rushed through me, the love, the passion. Linc smiled wide as he dipped me at the end of the song and kissed me hard! I clutched the lapels of his jacket as the crowd whistled. I came up grinning to find Nikki and Jason smooching, too.

I'm so glad that she has found someone worthy of her. Well, it seems that way so far. But, if he's Lincoln's best friend, then he has to be good people. Everything I've seen so far has shown me that. I dance with Linc’s dad next, and he tells me how proud he is to call me family. I don't hide the tears that stroll down my face. This is all I've ever wanted. A family.

When the music gets more lively, everyone gets up and starts shaking their butts off. This is something we get to enjoy as a fresh new thing. The food was great and before long, it's cake cutting time. It's a chocolate raspberry truffle cake, and it looks so amazing. I know it tastes exquisite.

Linc and I cut the cake and feed each other without the mess. The photographer snaps away steadily as we laugh. When I do the bouquet toss, Nikki catches it, and her face goes pale. Linc and I both laugh at the shocked look on both her and Jason's faces. Linc's garter toss ends up with one of his cousins who cheers loudly.

Everyone seems to be having such a good time. We make our way around to each table. Talking and catching up with all our guests. Thanking them for sharing our day with us. There's a few whispers about the crazy antics at the ceremony. Linc, and I laugh it off and shrug. Nothing and no one can take this day from us.